Communication for Development, community media and ICTs for family farming and rural development
Join us from 22 September to 6 October 2014 and discuss with our panel of distinguished Subject Matter Experts during the 24th e-Agriculture forum, jointly organized by e-Agriculture Community of Practice in partnership with FAO and AMARC, within the framework of the International Year of Family Farming.
This online forum is part of the participatory discussion “Communication for Development, community media and ICTs for family farming and rural development”, organized by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Association of Community Radio Broadcasters (AMARC).
The e-Agriculture forum will discuss and complement the outcomes of three regional online consultations taking place on the online platforms of Onda Rural for Latin America, YenKasa for Africa and ComDev Asia for Asia and the Pacific from 25 August to 12 September..
All the inputs collected during the participatory discussion will inform the Forum on Communication for Development & Community Media for Family Farming (FCCM), to be held within the framework of the International Year of Family Farming (IYFF), from 23 to 24 October 2014 in Rome, Italy. The FCCM will identify opportunities, policy options and strategic initiatives to promote rural communication services in support of family farming and rural development.
There is growing consensus on communication and community media as drivers for social change in rural areas: they facilitate access to timely information for improved agricultural production and, above all, they encourage farmer participation in the rural development process.
Subject matter experts include:
- Mario Acunzo - Communication for Development Officer | FAO
- Vasuki Belavadi - Chair on Community Media University of Hyderabad | UNESCO
- Pedro Castillo - Proyecto Comunidades Campesinas | CEPES
- Marina Cherbonnier - Web and Communications Manager | YPARD
- Francesco Diasio - Secretary general | AMARC
- Ajit Maru - Senior Knowledge Officer | GFAR Secretariat
- Christiane Monsieur - Coordinator | FAO-DIMITRA
- Oumy Khairy Ndiaye - Independent Consultant
- Konrad Plechowski - Economic Development Sector Coordinator | IICD
- Michael Riggs - Programme Officer | UN-APCICT/ESCAP
- Alberto Solano - CEO for Latin America | Grameen Foundation
- Reynaldo Trinidad - Director | Agronoticias
- Simon Wandila - Country Representative Zambia | YPARD
Facilitator: Alice Van der Elstraeten | FAO
Everyone will be able to follow the discussion, but in order to publish a post in the Forum you need to register to e-Agriculture! It's fast and simple: just visit www.e-Agriculture.org/user/register! If you need assistance or if you experience any issue, don't hesitate to contact us at info@e-Agriculture.org