African Green Revolution Forum roars to life
All roads this week lead to Accra, Ghana which hosts the African Green Revolution Forum 2019 under the theme, “Grow digital: Leveraging digital transformation to drive sustainable food systems in Africa”
The Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) is a platform for global and African leaders to develop actionable plans that will move African agriculture forward.
Initially established as an annual “African Green Revolution Conference” by Yara International ASA in Norway in 2006, the conference moved to the African continent in 2010 with the championing of the late Kofi Annan to take an African identity as the African Green Revolution Forum.
The forum is now an annual event combined with thematic platforms and many activities throughout the year to ensure continuous progress over time.
- Tanzania (2012)
- Mozambique (2013)
- Ethiopia (2014)
- Zambia (2015)
- Kenya (2016)
- Cote d’lvoire (2017)
- Rwanda (2018)
This year’s theme is, “Leveraging Digital Transformation to Drive Sustainable Food Systems in Africa” and the programme will be graced by the continents gurus in ICTs and Agriculture and joined by many illustrious digital technology leaders from other parts of the world.
The five day programme, will explore various facets in unpacking digital transformation in Africa.
The following are the expected outcomes:
- Political and Policy Commitments - To agriculture by governments who will showcase their progress and lessons learnt
- Billions of dollars mobilized - In investment and finance from the private sector based on previous commitments.
- New programs and investments - From private sector and development partners
- New partnerships and alliances - Formed by dozens of public, private, and non-state actors across the sector to scale uo progress
- Knowledge sharing and learning - From compelling evidence across the continent and globally.
- Generation Africa launched - A platform to promote youth engagement and entreprenuership
- 2019 Africa Food Prize Winner announced - To recognize individuals or institutions for outstanding contribution to African agriculture
More information here