Applications for "Mobile for Humanitarian Innovation Fund" open
The application for the mobile for humanitarian innovation fund for Round 2 opened on the 16th of July 2018 and will close on the 10th of August 2018. Eligible e-Agriculture CoP members are encouraged to apply.
The GSMA Mobile for Humanitarian Innovation Fund
The GSMA Mobile for Humanitarian Innovation Fund aims to promote innovation in the use of mobile technology to address humanitarian challenges. The fundings will test new technical solutions, catalyse ideas to improve or transform institutional systems and to empower and assist individuals and communities affected by complex emergencies and those that are forcible displaced.
For a project to be eligible, it should be delivered in Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Middle East and North Africa or Latin America.
To be eligible, applicants must:
Be able to provide formal evidence of a partnership (e.g. contract/MoU) with one or more eligible organisation(s) where the collaborating partners will be involved in implementing the grant project.
- Clearly demonstrate how the proposed project meets one of the Fund’s five focus areas (see section 3).
- Have a minimum viable product / solution (grant funding cannot be spent on Research and Development at ideation stage.
- Have the necessary rights / permissions required to operate in the selected implementation area as relevant (i.e. refugee settlements)
- Commit to providing the required match funding for the selected grant type .
- Be in satisfactory financial health, have adequate financial systems and human resource capacity to implement the grant project. GSMA may require the applicant to undergo a pre-selection assurance review.
For more information read here