EIP-AGRI Seminar 'Multi-level strategies for digitising agriculture and rural areas’ in session
The EIP-AGRI seminar “Multi-level strategies for digitising agriculture and rural areas” roared into life today and seeks to provide a platform that will stimulate debate on digitisation of agriculture and rural areas – combining European, national, regional and local levels.
This event is organised by the EIP-AGRI network with the contribution of the European Network for Rural Development and of the Broadband Competencies Offices Network and is supported by the Flemish Rural Network.
The seminar is held in Antwerp, Belgium starting today, Wednesday 12th of December and concluded on the 13th of December 2018.
The objectives of the seminar
The seminar aims at promoting multi-level strategic plans for digitisation in agriculture and rural areas. It has the following specific objectives:
- To raise awareness about the role / importance of strategic planning to foster and steer the digitisation of agriculture and rural areas, also with a view to the future Strategic CAP Plans
- To showcase and discuss existing examples of strategic planning and relevant digitisation initiatives across Europe
- To discuss and kick-start the process for developing strategic plans for digitisation, adapted to the local context and needs, by fostering mutual learning among actors, sectors and governance levels
- To showcase tools and initiatives developed at EU level to accompany the digital transformation in the farming and rural economy sectors
Overview of the programme
The two-day programme is comprised of talks, poster session, parallel sessions and interactive sessions.
The poster session entitled, “Gallery walk: This is happening in Europe” will present a diversity of initiatives around Europe that show case the strategic planning for the digitisation of agriculture and rural areas in the region. Sophie Treinen one of the e-Agriculture CoP members will present on “e-agriculture national strategy development”. Other interesting posters in this session are:
- Digital road map for agriculture and food, François Moreau
- Digital intersection agriculture / administration, Heinrich Terwitte
- Digital Agriculture Strategy (DAS), Anett Fekete
- Food Wise 2025 – Strategic actions Digitisation of Agriculture, Kevin Conolly
- ICT-AGRI: transnational cooperation fostering digital agriculture, Niels Gøtke
The third session will focus on developing ditital strategies for agriculture and rural areas at national, regional and local levels.
The EU Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development, Phil Hogan will close the seminar by discussing why digital strategies are needed to unlock the potential for European farming and rural areas in the digital age.
- EIP-AGRI Brochure Shaping the digital (r)evolution in agriculture
- EIP-AGRI Factsheet Digital evolution