ICT-centric economic growth, innovation and job creation
"ICT-centric economic growth, innovation and job creation", is the title of a book written by leading scholars and experts. The book's objective is to address the challenges and opportunities offered by ICTs in the areas of innovation, governance, education, job creation and economic growth.
The book is written against the background of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the book recognizes that ICTs are permeating all aspects of the global economy and society.
This book was launched at the Ministerial Roundtable on ICT4SDG organized to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ITU Telecommunication Development Sector (ITU-D) on the 11th of October in Buenos Aire, Argentina.
Short introductory video of the book ( video source, ITU Youtube)
The key messages of the "ICT-centric economic growth, innovation and job creation"
The following are the cited summary points about the book;-
- "addresses the challenges and opportunities offered by ICTs in the areas of innovation, governance, education, job creation and economic growth.
- provides a roadmap and practical strategies for utilizing advances in ICTs to foster an environment that nourishes ICT-centric innovation, economic growth, and social change consistent with the Sustainable Development Goals.
- provides insights and directions on how to encourage and facilitate collaborative digital entrepreneurship, how to leapfrog the innovation gap, how to ensure sustainability, and how to create new job opportunities.
- intends to serve as a comprehensive resource for all the stakeholders within the ICT-centric ecosystem, including policy makers, regulators, operators, academics, funding agencies, regional and international organizations, financial institutions and citizens.
- provides a holistic and integrated view of the important elements that together and collectively can lead to sustainable development of nations"- source ITU/ICT4SDG
Download the book here
Review the table of contents here