Phase 4 : Voting Period
The International Telecommunications Union (ITU) on behalf of the WSIS Stakeholders announces the launch of the 10th edition of the WSIS prizes and calls for submission through the website by the 25 January 2021.
The WSIS Prizes 2021 is an exceptional international recognition of the WSIS Stakeholders as Winners and Champions for their excellence in supporting the implementation of the WSIS outcomes, in particular WSIS Action Lines supporting the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
During the period from 1 November 2020 to 25 January 2021, all WSIS stakeholders are invited to submit WSIS related projects to the WSIS Prize 2021 contest. In the Agriculture domain, prizes can be submitted under the Category 13 – Action Line C7, E-Agriculture. There are five phases to the WSIS Prizes:
- The first phase: Submission phase (1 November 2019 to 25 January 2021)
- The second phase: Nomination phase. Revision of submitted projects that will result with a list of 360 nominated projects, twenty (20) projects per Action Line Category (18) (1 February 2021 to 26 February 2021)
- The third phase: Public online voting (1 March to 31 March 2021)
- The fourth phase: Selection of winning proects by the ITU Expert Group that will result with a list of winning projects (1 April 2021 - 12 April 2021)
- The fifth phase: Announcement of winners to the public during the WSIS Prize 2021 Ceremony at WSIS Forum 2021, and the release of publication "WSIS Stocktaking; Success Stories 2021" (Announced at the WSIS Forum 17-21 May 2021)
About the WSIS Prizes
he WSIS Prizes contest was developed in response to requests from the WSIS stakeholders to create an effective mechanism to evaluate projects and activities that leverage the power of information and communication technologies (ICTs) to advance sustainable development.
Since its inception, the contest of WSIS Prizes has attracted more than 300,000 stakeholders.Following the outcomes of the United Nations General Assembly Overall Review on WSIS (Res. A/70/125) that called for a close alignment between the WSIS Process and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (Res. A/70/1), the WSIS Prizes is the unique global platform to identify and showcase success stories in the implementation of the WSIS Action Lines and SDGs.
More information here