As discussed during the Policy officers workshop in Rome mid May, it appeared that some decentralized policy analysts would appreciate to be part of a Climate Change and Natural Resource Policy Network.
The objectives of the network would be to:
- exchange information on country policy support experiences of integration of CC in agriculture policies
- share case studies of success stories
- develop a set of Policy briefs on climate smart agriculture policies
- join efforts to organize climate smart policy support training
Subsequently, the network could set further objectives. Practicalities, opening to other experts and the way to link to other initiatives will also be discussed.
Forum starting question:
What are your needs/expectations of this forum?
The EASYPol forum facility also allows us to share documents and information.
At a later stage, we could take stock of valuable inputs to develop policy briefs which could be posted on the EX-ACT web-page http://www.fao.org/tc/exact/en/ , the EASYPol web http://www.fao.org/easypol/ and /or on the Climate smart platform web http://www.fao.org/climatechange/climatesmart/en/
- William Critchley, 2010: Adapting Soil-Water Management to Climate Change, CIS / Centre for International Cooperation, VU University Amsterdam www.cis.vu.nl http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTARD/Resources/CSA_CIS.pdf
- Patrick Labaste, 2011. ARD Training Days 2011. Climate-Smart Agriculture: Examples from China, EASER, Washington, China and Mongolia Sustainable Development Unit / World Bank Office Beijing http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTARD/Resources/CSA_ChinaEx.pdf
- Lee, D. R., Edmeades , S., De Nys , E., McDonald, A., Janssent, W. 2011.Designing Response Options for Adaptation to Climate Change-Experiences from Latin America http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTARD/Resources/CSA_LAC.pdf