Trade and markets
 

Detail

Area
Canada
Commodity Group
Milk and dairy products
Commodity
Cheese
Date
01/08/2017
Policy Category
Trade
Policy Instrument
Tariff rate quota
Description
Announced a new tariff rate quota (TRQ) administration policy applicable to the 16 000 metric tonnes (MT) of cheese that will be allowed to be imported under the Canada-EU Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA). Of the total TRQ, 60 percent will be allocated to small and medium-sized enterprises with the remaining 40 percent allocated to large companies. In both cases, 50 percent will be allocated to manufacturers and the balance to distributers and retailers. The 1 700 MT of bulk EU industrial cheese TRQ will be allocated entirely to manufacturers of further processed food products.