The FAO Intergovernmental Group (IGG) on Rice represents a forum for intergovernmental consultation and exchange on trends in production, consumption, trade, stocks and prices of grains, including regular appraisal of the global market situation and short term outlook. The Group, under FAO auspices, considers changes in national policies and examines their international effects as pertaining to the current and prospective market situation. The group meets once in each biennium. Recent sessions have been held jointly with the IGG on grains.
Increasingly, technical side events are organized in conjunction with the IGG to facilitate a dialogue between FAO delegates, international policy makers, and the private sector. Linkages with other international organizations and commodity bodies are encouraged.
Membership in the Group is open to all Member Nations and Associate Members of FAO, including Observers from international organizations and institutions. Nearly all rice importing and exporting countries are Members of the IGG.
- Extraordinary Intersessional Meeting of the Intergovernmental Group (IGG) on Grains and the IGG on Rice
Rome, Italy, 24 September 2010
- Joint Meeting of the IGG on Grains (32nd session), the IGG on Rice (43rd session) and the IGG on Oilseeds, Oils and Fats (30th session)
Santiago, Chile, 4-6 November 2009
- Joint Meeting of the IGG on Grains (31st session) and the IGG on Rice (42nd session)
Istanbul, Turkey, 15-16 May 2007
- Joint Meeting of the IGG on Grains (30th session) and the IGG on Rice (41st session)
Rome, Italy, 10-11 February 2004
- Joint Meeting of the IGG on Grains (29th Session), the IGG on Rice (40th session), the IGG on Meat (18th session) and the IGG on Oilseeds, Oils and Fats (29th session)
Rome, Italy, 4-5 July 2001