Manual for trainers: Managing certification for agricultural exports
This manual is meant for the organization of training sessions on certification for agricultural exports.
The goal of this training material is to raise the awareness and build capacities on the management of certification schemes for agricultural exports from the Asian region. This training material is targeted to extension officers from government departments in charge of developing the quality and safety, or promoting export of agricultural and food products. The material can also be used by trainers in educational institutions like universities or vocational training centres, and by non-governmental or private organizations that assist producers, processors and traders in understanding and complying with the requirements of export markets.
It will allow trainers using it to help the participants of the training:
i) To carry out supply chain mapping for an agricultural product they are working on;
ii) To understand the steps to take in order to choose and manage certification for agricultural exports;
iii) To be aware of additional sources of information they can consult on this topic.
The training itself is targeted to producers, processors and exporters who are involved in or interested in exporting agricultural products. Extension staff from governmental and non-governmental organizations but also from private sector service providers can also be participants of the training.
How to download and install this training manual
1. Download the WinZip archive by clicking here
2. You will be asked if you want to Open or Save the file; choose "Save"
3. Select a folder of your computer where you want to save the file and click on "Save"
4. Once the download is complete, click on "Open folder" and then double click on the file "manual for trainers.zip"
5. In the WinZip window that has opened, click on the icon "Extract", choose the folder of your computer where you want the manual to be installed and then click on the "Extract" button
6. Once the extraction is finished, exit WinZip, open the folder where you saved the manual, then open the folder "manuals_for_trainers" and then open the file "FAOtraining.pdf": you can start using the manual
Note: You might have problems opening the linked files within the manual if your computer has not enabled the opening of other files from a PDF document. To do this, once you have opened the manual in Adobe Reader go to the "Edit" menu and click on "Preferences", then on "Trust Manager" and then allow the opening of other files such as non-PDF files attachment. This should solve the problem.
If you would like to receive the manual on a CD-ROM by regular mail, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org