Working Group 1
Working Group 2
Working Group 3
SUSTAINABLE PRODUCTION SYSTEMS AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACTS:WG01
- Fighting against Panama Disease, Fusarium- TR4; See more...
- Focusing on the Carbon and Water Footprint study in the banana sector;
- Developing a Best Practices Portal (BPP) for a more sustainable production and trade of bananas;
- list and discuss potential solutions, and come up with a priority list of most promising options to tackle sustainability issues in banana production. See more...
DISTRIBUTION OF VALUE:
- working towards a fair distribution of value along the whole banana chain.
- mapping the distribution of value in key supply chains (a representative selection of origins and markets);
- evaluate prices and costs along the chain;
- agree a practical methodology for approximating "living" or "decent" wages at plantation/farm level. See more...
- Banana Occupational Health and Safety Initiative, BOHESI; See more...
- Empowering banana women workers in the plantations;
- Prioritise freedom of association and collective bargaining;
- Pay special attention to Gender equality and discrimination issues. See more...