- FAO in the 2015 Humanitarian Appeals - Mid-year update22/06/2015
- FAO’s role in the Mozambique Floods Response and Recovery Proposal 2015 19/02/2015
- FAO’s role in the Preliminary Response Plan for Malawi (January 2015) 03/02/2015
- Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak in West Africa - FAO’s Regional Response 01/10/2014
- FAO’s role in the 2014 Gaza Crisis Appeal (September) 23/09/2014
Connect with us
FAO’s role in the Revised 2013 Syria Humanitarian Assistance Response Plan
- Since March 2011, unrelenting violence in Syria has caused over 80 000 deaths and injured countless civilians.
- Around one-quarter of Syria’s population has been uprooted, including 4.25 million people displaced internally and over 1.5 million refugees in neighbouring countries.
- An estimated 6.8 million men, women and children are highly affected and require urgent assistance.
- The Revised 2013 Syria Humanitarian Assistance Response Plan takes stock of increased needs across all sectors and seeks over USD 1.4 billion for critical assistance through December 2013.
- Restoring agriculture and livelihoods is a top priority of the appeal.