- Kenya Flash Appeal 2017 23/02/2017
- FAO in the 2017 Humanitarian Appeals19/12/2016
- FAO in the 2016 Humanitarian Appeals19/01/2016
- FAO in the 2016 Sahel humanitarian appeal 19/01/2016
- FAO in the 2016 humanitarian appeal for the Central African Republic 19/01/2016
Connect with us
FAO’s role in the Typhoon Haiyan Action Plan
- On 8 November, Typhoon Haiyan (locally known as Yolanda) hit the Philippines.
- With wind speeds of 235 km/h and storm surges up to 6 m high, the typhoon is one of the most powerful ever recorded.
- 673 000 people are displaced and thousands are dead or missing.
- Homes and vital infrastructure have been destroyed.
- An estimated 11.3 million people are affected - over 10 percent of the country’s population.
- Under the Typhoon Haiyan Action Plan, USD 301 million is urgently sought to help affected people over the next six months.