- FAO in the 2016 Humanitarian Appeals19/01/2016
- FAO in the 2016 Sahel humanitarian appeal 19/01/2016
- FAO in the 2016 humanitarian appeal for the Central African Republic 19/01/2016
- FAO in the 2015 Humanitarian Appeals - Mid-year update22/06/2015
- FAO’s role in the Mozambique Floods Response and Recovery Proposal 2015 19/02/2015
FAO’s role in the Typhoon Haiyan Action Plan
- On 8 November, Typhoon Haiyan (locally known as Yolanda) hit the Philippines.
- With wind speeds of 235 km/h and storm surges up to 6 m high, the typhoon is one of the most powerful ever recorded.
- 673 000 people are displaced and thousands are dead or missing.
- Homes and vital infrastructure have been destroyed.
- An estimated 11.3 million people are affected - over 10 percent of the country’s population.
- Under the Typhoon Haiyan Action Plan, USD 301 million is urgently sought to help affected people over the next six months.