- 25/05/2016 - The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Food Programme (WFP) have begun providing seeds, hand tools and food to nearly 50,000 hungry farming families ...read more
- 07/05/2016 - Nearly 1 million people are still displaced inside CAR or seeking refuge in neighbouring countries. The number of hungry people has doubled in 1 year, as conflict and insecurity have ...read more
- 03/05/2016 - Three years of conflict have left a heavy toll on the people of the Central African Republic. Nearly one million people are still uprooted. Half of the population faces hunger. ...read more
- 18/04/2016 - FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva today met Central African Republic President Faustin-Archange Touadera for talks that focused on rebuilding the country's agriculture sector and making it an engine for ...read more
- 29/03/2016 - Improving food security can help build sustainable peace and even ward off looming conflict, FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva told members of the United Nations Security Council. "We know ...read more
- 01/03/2016 - Three years of conflict and ongoing displacements in the Central African Republic (CAR) continue to disrupt agriculture and severely constrain people’s access to food, as they struggle with the effects ...read more
- 24/03/2015 - Farmers in the Central African Republic are in urgent need of seeds and tools for the upcoming planting season in April to prevent further deterioration of the livelihoods of vulnerable ...read more
- 12/12/2014 - Latest indications confirm that world cereal production will reach an all-time record of more than 2.5 billion tonnes in 2014.
Buoyed by bumper crops in Europe and a record maize output ...read more
- 02/12/2014 - Belgium has donated €5.8 million to support FAO activities that help protect agriculture-based livelihoods for food security and resilience in the face of natural disasters and human-induced crises.
The donation to ...read more
- 20/11/2014 - Le Directeur général de la FAO, José Graziano da Silva, a rencontré aujourd’hui Mme Marie-Noëlle Koyara, Ministre d'État chargée des travaux publics, de l’équipement et de l’aménagement du territoire de ...read more
- 29/10/2014 - Widespread looting and insecurity in the Central African Republic have taken a heavy toll on crops, livestock and fishing and is eroding the capacity of people across the country to secure sufficient food, ...read more