- 12/12/2014 - Latest indications confirm that world cereal production will reach an all-time record of more than 2.5 billion tonnes in 2014.
Buoyed by bumper crops in Europe and a record maize output ...read more
- 02/12/2014 - Belgium has donated €5.8 million to support FAO activities that help protect agriculture-based livelihoods for food security and resilience in the face of natural disasters and human-induced crises.
The donation to ...read more
- 28/11/2014 - There are over 35 million livestock in South Sudan, including 11 million cows and 25 million goats and sheep combined. Livestock is the largest form of social capital for most ...read more
- 06/11/2014 - Thirty five participants from many parts of South Sudan will complete an intensive training on “Risk Analysis of Transboundary Animal Disease” today in Rock City, Juba. Millions of animals in ...read more
- 30/10/2014 - South Sudan marked its fourth World Food Day on 16 October 2014 with celebrations taking place in Juba, Central Equatoria and Rumbek, Lakes State. The national celebration in Juba opened ...read more
- 03/10/2014 - In late August, teams of FAO South Sudan staff members returned to their offices in FAO’s Juba headquarters after spending challenging weeks in the field conducting the 13th round of the Food Security ...read more
- 24/09/2014 - Humanitarian assistance is having a measurable and significant impact in South Sudan. The combined efforts of the Food Security and Livelihood Cluster (co-led by FAO, WFP and Mercy Corps) and ...read more
- 21/09/2014 - On Monday, FAO North America hosted Sue Lautze, FAO representative and UN Deputy Humanitarian Coordinator for South Sudan, at a briefing about the crisis in the country. Since last December, ...read more
- 15/09/2014 - Norway has donated approximately $10 million to help FAO provide conflict-affected farmers, fishers and herders in South Sudan with critical livelihood support.
Norway’s gift will allow FAO to distribute emergency livelihood kits – including crop seeds, ...read more
- 05/08/2014 - In Rumbek, Lakes State, FAO South Sudan reached over 600 households with emergency livelihood crop kits between June and July 2014. This includes over 7 metric tons of sorghum, maize, sesame and cowpea ...read more