Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Emergency food security and livelihoods restoration support in Sudan
- Disaster risk management – seed response intervention in Ethiopia
- Disaster risk management – root and tuber crops response intervention in Ethiopia
- Restoring and improving food and livelihoods security of the drought- and conflict-affected households in Sudan
Connect with us
Immediate support to agriculture for earthquake affected populations in Haiti
Immediate support to urban and peri-urban agriculture for earthquake affected populations
To support the food security of earthquake-affected households by increasing the diversity and availability of quality food, and by creating additional sources of income through urban agriculture.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Rural Development, farmer’s organizations, women’s groups as well as national and international NGOs.
Some 2 280 vulnerable households (11 400 individuals).
- Procured and distributed 2 241 transplanting trowels, 2 241 hand garden trowels, 2 241 cultivators, 2 241 sprayers, 2 241 buckets, 2 241 caps, 2 241 watering cans and 1 366 bags of compost.
- Procured and distributed 12.81 kg of eggplant seed, 20.1 kg of carrot seed, 7.3 kg of cabbage seed, 8.77 kg of chili seed, 42.65 kg of okra seed, 18.63 kg of onion seed, 22.41 kg of pepper seed, 42.65 kg of Swiss chard seed and 25.37 kg of tomato seed.
- Trained 18 promoters, on agricultural gardening in urban and peri-urban areas, as well as compost production.
- Set up demonstration plots to train beneficiaries in agricultural production techniques.
- Supported beneficiaries in installing micro-gardens in urban and peri-urban settings.
- Increased the food security of the project beneficiaries through increased, and diversified vegetable production from micro-gardens.
- Strengthened the capacity and knowledge of beneficiaries on production processes linked to urban and peri-urban agriculture.
- Improved the nutritional status and income of households.
- Cultivated 30 to 40 kg of okra, 25 to 40 kg of Swiss chard, 10 to 15 kg of tomato, 10 to 15 kg of pepper, 10 to 15 kg of chili and 8 to 10 kg of onion and carrot.