Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Emergency food security and livelihoods restoration support in Sudan
- Disaster risk management – seed response intervention in Ethiopia
- Disaster risk management – root and tuber crops response intervention in Ethiopia
- Restoring and improving food and livelihoods security of the drought- and conflict-affected households in Sudan
Connect with us
Immediate Assistance to Women and Fish Farmers Severely Affected by Cyclones in Bangladesh
Immediate Assistance to Restore Livelihoods of Women and Fish Farmers Severely Affected by Cyclones in South Western Bangladesh
Bagerhat, Barguna, Patuakhali, Pirojpur and Satkhira districts.
To restore the livelihoods and improve the food security and nutrition of women and fish farmers who were severely affected by the cyclones in the south-western Bangladesh.
The Department of Fisheries, Department of Livestock Services and various national non-governmental organizations.
7 000 households.
- Distributed 36 000 chickens, 240 tonnes of layer feed and bamboo poultry shed construction material to 2 000 female-headed households.
- Distributed 4 million carp fingerlings, 25 tonnes of fertilizers and 500 tonnes of fish feed to 5 000 households engaged in aquaculture.
- Provided training to all beneficiaries in aquaculture techniques, poultry rearing and bio-measures.
- The beneficiaries of the poultry package have increased access to eggs and poultry meat for households consumption and sale of surplus, which is expected to yield about USD 123 annually per family.
- The beneficiaries of the aquaculture package have increased access to fish for households consumption and sale of surplus, which is expected to yield about USD 290 annually per family.