Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Emergency recovery support to restart livelihoods, income generation and food self-sufficiency and to build the resilience of small-scale rice- and corn-based farming communities in Leyte province of Region VIII severely affected by Typhoon Haiyan23/07/2015
- Renforcement de la Résilience des populations vulnérables au Niger22/07/2015
- Agricultural assistance to populations affected by the floods in the prefectures of Dinguiraye, Kankan, Kindia, Siguiri and Tougué16/07/2015
- Intervention d’urgence pour protéger les moyens d’existence vitaux et la sécurité alimentaire des familles d’éleveurs pauvres touchés par la crise et la sécheresse en République arabe syrienne16/07/2015
- Restoring food security and improving income generation through the promotion of livestock and crop production in Central African Republic14/07/2015
Connect with us
Support to coordination of Food Security and Livelihoods Sector in Sudan
Support to coordination of Food Security and Livelihoods Sector along with emergency and early recovery support for the enhancement of vulnerable households in the Three Transitional Areas
Three Transitional Areas (Abyei, South Kordofan and Blue Nile)
To strengthen coordination among Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Sector members to effectively address the needs identified in the Three Transitional Areas.
State Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Animal Resources and Fisheries, Vétérinaires sans frontières and other NGOs.
30 500 households in Blue Nile and South Kordofan states.
- 90 community animal health workers (CAHWs) trained.
- 735 000 animals vaccinated and treated against common livestock diseases, benefiting 21 500 households in Blue Nile and South Kordofan states.
- Contributed to the Quasi-Crop and Food Supply Assessment Mission.
- 18 FSL partners trained in cash transfer programming.
- 19 FSL partners trained on the Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards.
- Seven FSL Sector coordination meetings held during project period.
- Supported screening of 5 500 animals for disease.
- Rehabilitated three veterinary laboratories in South Kordofan and Blue Nile states.
- The project provided livestock asset protection services to 650 000 animals, including vaccination against haemorrhagic septicaemia, blackquarter, sheep pox and anthrax, as well as treatment services to 85 000 animals in South Kordofan and Blue Nile.
- Rehabilitation of veterinary laboratories restored these to fully functioning, strengthening the animal disease surveillance and control systems.
- A network of 90 CAHWs was established to provide primary animal health services, monitor the status of herd health in target areas and improve the flow information to local authorities on animal health issues.