Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Programme for increase of agricultural production by the improvement of productivity (Phase III) in Afghanistan
- Emergency support to winter wheat production in the Syrian Arab Republic
- Appui au renforcement des capacités et à la mise en place de filets de sécurité alimentaire des ménages en situation de forte insécurité alimentaire en Haiti
- Promoting local food purchases for food assistance on the African continent – purchase from Africans for Africa
Connect with us
Support to coordination of Food Security and Livelihoods Sector in Sudan
Support to coordination of Food Security and Livelihoods Sector along with emergency and early recovery support for the enhancement of vulnerable households in the Three Transitional Areas
Three Transitional Areas (Abyei, South Kordofan and Blue Nile)
To strengthen coordination among Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Sector members to effectively address the needs identified in the Three Transitional Areas.
State Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Animal Resources and Fisheries, Vétérinaires sans frontières and other NGOs.
30 500 households in Blue Nile and South Kordofan states.
- 90 community animal health workers (CAHWs) trained.
- 735 000 animals vaccinated and treated against common livestock diseases, benefiting 21 500 households in Blue Nile and South Kordofan states.
- Contributed to the Quasi-Crop and Food Supply Assessment Mission.
- 18 FSL partners trained in cash transfer programming.
- 19 FSL partners trained on the Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards.
- Seven FSL Sector coordination meetings held during project period.
- Supported screening of 5 500 animals for disease.
- Rehabilitated three veterinary laboratories in South Kordofan and Blue Nile states.
- The project provided livestock asset protection services to 650 000 animals, including vaccination against haemorrhagic septicaemia, blackquarter, sheep pox and anthrax, as well as treatment services to 85 000 animals in South Kordofan and Blue Nile.
- Rehabilitation of veterinary laboratories restored these to fully functioning, strengthening the animal disease surveillance and control systems.
- A network of 90 CAHWs was established to provide primary animal health services, monitor the status of herd health in target areas and improve the flow information to local authorities on animal health issues.