Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Improve food insecure households' resilience in the eastern region of Burkina Faso27/04/2016
- Appui aux réfugiés maliens dans la région de Tahoua, Niger27/04/2016
- Livelihoods resilience opportunities for conflict-affected rural communities in the Central African Republic27/04/2016
- Réponse d’urgence en appui aux populations rurales en République centrafricaine21/04/2016
- Consolidate and strengthen agriculture and disaster risk management responses to food security and nutrition through resilience building in Mauritania15/04/2016
Connect with us
Quick-impact agriculture and livelihood intervention in Sudan
Quick-impact agriculture and livelihood intervention in South Kordofan and Blue Nile, Sudan
To fill the gaps between the targets set out in the Humanitarian Work Plan (HWP) of 2012 and part of the HWP activities funded by the Common Humanitarian Fund in both states, South Kordofan and Blue Nile.
State Ministry of Agriculture, Sudanese Development Call Organization, Sudanese Red Crescent, Mubadiroon Organization and Islamic Relief Agency, as well as the Government.
44 463 vulnerable households.
- Distributed 209 tonnes of improved crop seeds including sorghum, maize, cowpea and sesame seeds, and 8.65 tonnes of assorted vegetable seed including tomato, watermelon, okra, white bean, pigeon pea and pumpkin seeds.
- Distributed 61 540 agricultural hand tools including digging hoes and weeding hoes.
- Trained 2 250 project beneficiaries on various livelihood activities.
- Provided 400 fishing kits including netting twines, fishing hooks and rope, lead weight and floats; 200 sets of fish processing equipment; 50 sets of net-making equipment; 100 kits for boat making including hand tools; and 20 cheese-making units with equipment and material.
- Improved the food security and livelihoods of project beneficiaries, about 80 percent engaged in productive activities and produced enough food to cover their family needs for the next five to six months.
- Cultivated 22 709 ha with field crops, harvesting 7 050.7 tonnes of food grains with an estimated value of USD 2 931 202; and cultivated 665.66 ha of assorted vegetable crops, harvesting 4 475.26 tonnes of assorted vegetable crops, with an estimated value of USD 3 242 201.
- Trained 1 000 women-headed households on vegetable production; 500 women-headed households on cheese-making; 250 women-headed households on fish processing and net-making; and 100 fishing households on boat making.