Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
- Drought Recovery Response in Ethiopia14/04/2015
Connect with us
Restablecimiento de la producción de alimentos y los medios de vida en Guatemala
Restablecimiento de la producción de alimentos y los medios de vida de mujeres rurales afectadas por las inundaciones de 2010 en Guatemala
To recover the livelihoods and re-establish the small income-generating activities of 5 009 indigenous and non-indigenous rural women, reducing the vulnerability of their livelihoods to disasters.
Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Nutrition, Presidential Secretariat for Women (SEPREM), Ministry of Food and Nutrition Security (SESAN) and the National Coordinator for Disaster Reduction (CONRED).
5 009 women (heads of household, elderly and young mothers) and their families.
- Procured and distributed agricultural inputs to re-establish production and small incomegenerating activities (vegetable seeds, fertilizers, poultry, pigs, sewing machines, veterinary kits, etc.)
- Organized training sessions on business management and administration, dressmaking, nutrition and pig husbandry for women’s organizations in order to re-establish small income-generating activities.
- Trained 412 voluntary community promoters on good agricultural practices for backyard maize production, good dietary practices and disaster risk management.
- Trained Local Coordinators for Disaster Risk Reduction groups and provided them with the necessary equipment.
- Produced 4 877 016.4 kg of vegetables with an estimated value of USD 926 633.11, diversifying the diet of 4 000 families, applied good agricultural practices and created a seed capital fund.
- Improved and increased the production of animal protein for 1 005 families that was used for their own consumption and marketing.
- Set up six operational Local Coordinators for Disaster Risk Reduction in order to carry out risk management and disaster response.