Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Post Ebola livelihood recovery through women association food and income security empowerment24/02/2017
- Jeunesse au travail: réduction de la pauvreté rurale21/02/2017
- Jubbaland and Galmadug fishermen and fleet registration15/02/2017
- Provision of time-critical livelihood-saving support in drought-affected areas of Puntland15/02/2017
- Strengthening local resilience to food insecurity to develop a national early warning system for vulnerable rural families in Bolivia08/02/2017
Connect with us
Restablecimiento de la producción de alimentos y los medios de vida en Guatemala
Restablecimiento de la producción de alimentos y los medios de vida de mujeres rurales afectadas por las inundaciones de 2010 en Guatemala
To recover the livelihoods and re-establish the small income-generating activities of 5 009 indigenous and non-indigenous rural women, reducing the vulnerability of their livelihoods to disasters.
Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Nutrition, Presidential Secretariat for Women (SEPREM), Ministry of Food and Nutrition Security (SESAN) and the National Coordinator for Disaster Reduction (CONRED).
5 009 women (heads of household, elderly and young mothers) and their families.
- Procured and distributed agricultural inputs to re-establish production and small incomegenerating activities (vegetable seeds, fertilizers, poultry, pigs, sewing machines, veterinary kits, etc.)
- Organized training sessions on business management and administration, dressmaking, nutrition and pig husbandry for women’s organizations in order to re-establish small income-generating activities.
- Trained 412 voluntary community promoters on good agricultural practices for backyard maize production, good dietary practices and disaster risk management.
- Trained Local Coordinators for Disaster Risk Reduction groups and provided them with the necessary equipment.
- Produced 4 877 016.4 kg of vegetables with an estimated value of USD 926 633.11, diversifying the diet of 4 000 families, applied good agricultural practices and created a seed capital fund.
- Improved and increased the production of animal protein for 1 005 families that was used for their own consumption and marketing.
- Set up six operational Local Coordinators for Disaster Risk Reduction in order to carry out risk management and disaster response.