Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Emergency recovery support to restart livelihoods, income generation and food self-sufficiency and to build the resilience of small-scale rice- and corn-based farming communities in Leyte province of Region VIII severely affected by Typhoon Haiyan23/07/2015
- Renforcement de la Résilience des populations vulnérables au Niger22/07/2015
- Agricultural assistance to populations affected by the floods in the prefectures of Dinguiraye, Kankan, Kindia, Siguiri and Tougué16/07/2015
- Intervention d’urgence pour protéger les moyens d’existence vitaux et la sécurité alimentaire des familles d’éleveurs pauvres touchés par la crise et la sécheresse en République arabe syrienne16/07/2015
- Restoring food security and improving income generation through the promotion of livestock and crop production in Central African Republic14/07/2015
Connect with us
Restablecimiento de la producción de alimentos y los medios de vida en Guatemala
Restablecimiento de la producción de alimentos y los medios de vida de mujeres rurales afectadas por las inundaciones de 2010 en Guatemala
To recover the livelihoods and re-establish the small income-generating activities of 5 009 indigenous and non-indigenous rural women, reducing the vulnerability of their livelihoods to disasters.
Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Nutrition, Presidential Secretariat for Women (SEPREM), Ministry of Food and Nutrition Security (SESAN) and the National Coordinator for Disaster Reduction (CONRED).
5 009 women (heads of household, elderly and young mothers) and their families.
- Procured and distributed agricultural inputs to re-establish production and small incomegenerating activities (vegetable seeds, fertilizers, poultry, pigs, sewing machines, veterinary kits, etc.)
- Organized training sessions on business management and administration, dressmaking, nutrition and pig husbandry for women’s organizations in order to re-establish small income-generating activities.
- Trained 412 voluntary community promoters on good agricultural practices for backyard maize production, good dietary practices and disaster risk management.
- Trained Local Coordinators for Disaster Risk Reduction groups and provided them with the necessary equipment.
- Produced 4 877 016.4 kg of vegetables with an estimated value of USD 926 633.11, diversifying the diet of 4 000 families, applied good agricultural practices and created a seed capital fund.
- Improved and increased the production of animal protein for 1 005 families that was used for their own consumption and marketing.
- Set up six operational Local Coordinators for Disaster Risk Reduction in order to carry out risk management and disaster response.