Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Regional initiative in support of vulnerable pastoralists and agropastoralists in the Horn of Africa31/03/2015
- Strengthening the FSL Cluster for food and nutrition security in South Sudan24/03/2015
- Strengthening food security coordination for livelihood response and improving food and nutrition security response in South Sudan23/03/2015
- Improving food and nutrition security through increasing access to crop production inputs, technology and services19/03/2015
- Emergency support to improve food security conditions of vulnerable internally displaced households in the Syrian Arab Republic12/03/2015
Connect with us
Support to coordination of food security and livelihoods cluster activities in Sudan
Support to coordination of food security and livelihoods cluster activities in Darfur, the Sudan
To improve the identification of gaps within the Food Security and Livelihoods sector, coordinate prioritized responses and monitor their implementation.
State Ministry of Agriculture, State Ministry of Animal Resources and the World Food Programme.
The ultimate beneficiaries of the interventions under this project are the most food insecure and vulnerable households in northern Sudan.
- Provided training to Cluster partners and stakeholders in project cycle management (117 trainees) and climate change adaptation (50).
- Collaborated with SMoA and SMoAR in planning and carrying out a number of assessments, including pre- and post-harvest, ad hoc crops and livestock, food security monitoring system, and crop and food supply assessments.
- FSL cluster coordination capacity strengthened in all regions and at central level through the ongoing support of dedicated international and national personnel, the upgrading of equipment and the enhancement of analytical and managerial capacity of cluster members and stakeholders.
- Quality of and access to information on food security and livelihoods in North Sudan is improved.
- Capacity of implementing partners is enhanced to ensure local leadership and ownership of the early recovery and rehabilitation processes.
- Food security and protection of agriculture-based livelihoods is supported through advocacy and resource mobilization.