Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Appui à la production et transformation des produits agricoles en République démocratique du Congo28/01/2016
- Restoring fisheries livelihoods and improving resilience in the Philippines28/01/2016
- Contribute to strengthen the resilience of communities in the Niger25/01/2016
- Renforcement de la résilience en République du Niger25/01/2016
- Programme LRRD d'appui à la viabilisation des villages ruraux intégrés au Burundi21/01/2016
Connect with us
Food security and livelihood support for vulnerable households in Lesotho
Food security and livelihood support for vulnerable households affected by heavy rains in Lesotho
To contribute to the recovery and strengthening of rural livelihoods affected by heavy rains.
Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security, WFP, Temo ‘Moho Agricultural Group and NGOs.
3 600 farming households (18 000 people) received agriculture inputs through FAO and 4 500 chronically food insecure people received food assistance through WFP.
- Provided beneficiary households with about 30 tonnes of maize seed, 17 tonnes of bean seed and over 150 tonnes of fertilizer.
- Organized six input trade fairs with the participation of 2 868 farmers in the districts of Botha Bothe and Leribe.
- Provided a 2-day training course for 641 households on the basic principles of crop management.
- Conducted post-planting surveys to monitor and evaluate the area planted, including the growth stage and condition of the crops.
- Provided 3 600 farming households with access to quality crop production inputs for the 2011/2012 summer cropping season.
- Increased access to sufficient food for 20 000 food-insecure individuals living in the highlands during the lean season.
- Input trade fairs brought quality inputs closer to remote and hard to reach communities.
- Helped beneficiaries to extend their cropped area for the current planting season and improve the quantity and quality of seed reserves for the following season.