Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Food security and agriculture preparedness and response in emergencies
- Zimbabwe emergency drought mitigation operation for livestock 2013 – 2014
- Amélioration de la résilience des communautés rurales vulnérables face aux catastrophes naturelles en Haïti
- Support to early livelihood recovery of returnees in South Sudan
Connect with us
Restoration and maintenance of household food security in Sudan
Restoration and maintenance of household food security and promotion of diversification of livelihood coping mechanisms for vulnerable populations in Greater Darfur
To improve the food security and self-reliance of targeted households.
Federal and State Ministries of Agriculture and Animal Resources, local and international NGOs.
104 232 conflict- and drought-affected IDP, returnee, refugee, pastoral and vulnerable resident community households.
- 114 771 animals belonging to 9 050 households vaccinated and treated.
- 27 community animal health workers trained and provided with equipment.
- 631.5 tonnes of cereal (millet, sorghum) and legume (sesame, groundnut, cowpea) seeds, and over 5.51 tonnes of vegetable seeds provided to 95 182 households.
- 21 000 hoes and 4 400 donkey ploughs distributed.
- Training of Trainers sessions on improved crop and vegetable production organized for 417 farmers and extension workers.
- Training and extension messages on good cultivation practices and crop husbandry provided to over 13 000 farmers at seed and tool distribution sites.
- Improved food and livelihoods security of beneficiaries by protecting vital livestock assets.
- Reduced livestock morbidity and mortality among targeted herds.
- Increased milk and meat production providing households with valuable source of nutrition and cash from sale of surplus animal products.
- Over 31 000 tonnes of cereals and legumes, and 1 300 tonnes of vegetables, with a market value of USD 8 086 384 million produced.