Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
- Drought Recovery Response in Ethiopia14/04/2015
Connect with us
Emergency livelihoods assistance to food and forage crisis affected households in the Sahel
Emergency livelihoods assistance to food and forage crisis affected households in the Sahel and regional coordination
To strengthen the resilience of populations affected by the 2012 food and nutrition crises in the Sahel.
Regional and local governments, the World Food Programme and other UN agencies as well as Action Contre la Faim, Catholic Relief Services and other NGOs.
416 500 vulnerable individuals in the Niger, as well as food and nutrition security stakeholders across the region.
- Supported vegetable gardening in the Niger through the distribution of 2 000 kg of vegetable seed, 200 tonnes of potato seed and 50 tonnes of maize seed.
- Distributed 1 020 tonnes of animal feed to vulnerable pastoralists in the Niger.
- Procured 1 000 000 doses of Dermovac vaccine and carried out a vaccination campaign for small ruminants in the Niger.
- Installed multinutrient block units and trained beneficiaries on how to use them in six departments in the Niger.
- Trained participants on carrying out seed system assessments in the region, and carried out two rapid seed system assessments in the Niger and Senegal.
- Organized regional workshops and meetings to discuss best practices, recommendations and share valuable food and nutrition security information.
- Prepared joint notes and other relevant food and nutrition security information documents.
- Improved household food security, diversified household diets and increased income generation through increased vegetable production.
- Protected livestock herds through the provision of animal feed, production of multinutrient blocks and vaccination campaign.
- Improved beneficiaries knowledge on seed systems and strengthened their capacity to design and implement a seed assessment.
- Improved information sharing among food and nutrition security stakeholders in the region.
- Improved the integration of livelihood response, preparation and management in response to the crisis, including the humanitarian appeals and disaster risk management /disaster risk reduction approaches, through coordination activities across the region.