Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
- Drought Recovery Response in Ethiopia14/04/2015
Connect with us
Immediate assistance to prevent food losses, re-establish food production and the livelihoods in Nicaragua
Immediate assistance to prevent food losses, re-establish food production and the livelihoods of the vulnerable farmers affected by Tropical Depression 12E in 26 municipalities of 7 departments of Nicaragua
Departments of Nueva Segovia, Madriz, Matagalpa, Managua, León, Chinandega and Estelí
To support 5 000 subsistence farming families that are food insecure by restoring short-term food production and preventing food losses in the departments affected by Tropical Depression 12 E.
Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Ministry of Health, UN agencies, local Municipal Offices and NGOs.
17 571 individuals, including 10 028 children, 2 166 women and 5 377 men.
- Carried out a Rapid Food and Nutrition Security Assessment in 29 municipalities affected by flooding.
- Distributed 37 tonnes of certified INTA ROJO bean seed and 45 tonnes of synthetic fertilizer to 1 010 bean producers; 589.18 quintals of certified variety NB6 maize seed and 1 734 quintals of urea fertilizer to 1 741 maize producers; and vegetable seeds (tomato, onion, squash and pumpkin) to 1 008 families to establish small home gardens.
- Strengthened 155 community seed banks with 678 metal silos, each having a 200 kg capacity with the potential to store about 123 tonnes of food grain or seed.
- Implemented 108 technical assistance field visits for basic management of crops and gardens.
- Organized 15 training sessions for community leaders, involving 508 farmers (304 men and 204 women heads of households).
- Improved beneficiaries food production capacity and generated additional income through the sale of surplus production.
- Diversified the diets of households by improving their access to additional sources of protein and carbohydrates.
- Trained beneficiaries on agronomic management of basic grain crops, as well as home garden and community seed bank management.
- Improved access to seed banks for 3 784 families and helped to facilitate better seed and food management.