Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Resuming agriculture and income opportunities for communities affected by the CAR crisis22/11/2016
- Emergency agricultural input support to vulnerable farmers affected by the crisis in Syria22/11/2016
- Renforcement de la résilience21/11/2016
- EPT+ characterizing influenza viruses posing risks as the next global pandemic10/11/2016
- Decrease community tensions along the Mambasa‒Epulu‒Nia Nia axis by strengthening resilience04/11/2016
Connect with us
Appui à la filière semences locale au Tchad
Appui à la filière semences locale
To improve the food security of vulnerable households that have been affected by conflict and climatic hazards in several regions of the country.
Chadian Institute of Agricultural Research for Development, National Office for Rural Development and non-governmental organizations.
13 985 vulnerable households
- Trained 20 farmers and 35 trainers.
- Established a coordination, monitoring and evaluation committee, as well as farmers’ groups.
- Distributed 13 241 kg of basic seed, 1 445 kg of vegetable seed, 88 sprayers, 3 335 sprinklers and 545 litres of fertilizers, urea and pesticides.
- Rehabilitated nine warehouses.
- Established 23 ha of cassava stockyards.
- Constructed 52 boreholes, from which 19 households benefited from the irrigation system.
- Reinforced the production capacity of 5 850 vulnerable households by distributing agricultural inputs and providing training in improved production techniques.
- Contributed to the restoration of small livestock in the project area.
- Improved and diversified household food supply through the production of 295 tonnes of vegetables, as well as 660 tonnes of cereals and legumes.
- Improved the dietary intake of children and strengthened the knowledge of mothers in the fight against malnutrition.