Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Regional initiative in support of vulnerable pastoralists and agropastoralists in the Horn of Africa31/03/2015
- Strengthening the FSL Cluster for food and nutrition security in South Sudan24/03/2015
- Strengthening food security coordination for livelihood response and improving food and nutrition security response in South Sudan23/03/2015
- Improving food and nutrition security through increasing access to crop production inputs, technology and services19/03/2015
- Emergency support to improve food security conditions of vulnerable internally displaced households in the Syrian Arab Republic12/03/2015
Connect with us
Appui à la filière semences locale au Tchad
Appui à la filière semences locale
To improve the food security of vulnerable households that have been affected by conflict and climatic hazards in several regions of the country.
Chadian Institute of Agricultural Research for Development, National Office for Rural Development and non-governmental organizations.
13 985 vulnerable households
- Trained 20 farmers and 35 trainers.
- Established a coordination, monitoring and evaluation committee, as well as farmers’ groups.
- Distributed 13 241 kg of basic seed, 1 445 kg of vegetable seed, 88 sprayers, 3 335 sprinklers and 545 litres of fertilizers, urea and pesticides.
- Rehabilitated nine warehouses.
- Established 23 ha of cassava stockyards.
- Constructed 52 boreholes, from which 19 households benefited from the irrigation system.
- Reinforced the production capacity of 5 850 vulnerable households by distributing agricultural inputs and providing training in improved production techniques.
- Contributed to the restoration of small livestock in the project area.
- Improved and diversified household food supply through the production of 295 tonnes of vegetables, as well as 660 tonnes of cereals and legumes.
- Improved the dietary intake of children and strengthened the knowledge of mothers in the fight against malnutrition.