Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Restoring food security of newly displaced persons, returnees and vulnerable host communities in Darfur27/07/2016
- FAO El Niño Response Plan – El Niño early warning and preparedness 2015/1626/07/2016
- Improving hatchery and parent flock management practices in Viet Nam26/07/2016
- Strengthening the role of conservation agriculture in food security disaster risk reduction in Southern Africa19/07/2016
- Restoring the local economy of Kungu, in support of the peace and reconciliation process13/07/2016
Connect with us
Food system monitoring for effective crisis management in Libya
Food system monitoring for effective crisis management of food pipeline and production, institutional capacity building, advocacy and coordination
To provide immediate agriculture/food security assistance, including essential data collection, classification and analysis, and related institutional support.
Ministry of Agriculture (MoA)
Direct beneficiaries of the project included civil servants at relevant local institutions such as the Department of Agriculture. Indirect beneficiaries included the population in Libya affected by shortcomings in food supply and production.
- Organized and delivered a three-week training programme entitled “Introduction to agricultural policy formulation and analysis” on the following topics: agricultural strategies and policies; policy instruments; market efficiency and market failures; agricultural policy process; and introduction to the economics of agricultural production.
- Delivered seminars on the following topics: components of food security; application of the policy analysis matrix; and agricultural development policies in North Africa and the Near East.
- Assisted MoA in drafting a framework to expand capacity development at all technical and functional levels.
- The training course provided participants with an introduction to the basic concepts and tools for formulating and analysing agricultural policy, using the MoA Agriculture Plan as a reference.
- Guided strategic planning on topics such as regulations and legislation, public accountability, information generation, evidence-based decision making, policy formulation and analysis, public/private partnerships, strategic planning and communications, and leadership development.