Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Appui à 62 espaces communautaires d’éveil pour l’amélioration de la nutrition et l’autonomisation de leurs comités de soutien
- Support and diversification of livelihood opportunities in urban/peri-urban centres of Puntland
- Strengthening emergency preparedness and response for highly pathogenic avian influenza in Bangladesh
- Strengthening national capacity to respond to highly pathogenic avian influenza in Bangladesh
Connect with us
Contributing to food and nutrition security to mitigate acute malnutrition in Mauritania
Contributing to food and nutrition security to mitigate acute malnutrition and improve preparedness for, and effective response to, agricultural livelihood threats in Southern Mauritania
Guidimakha, Gorgol, Brakna, Assaba and Tagat
To improve food and nutrition security by contributing to a solid livelihood foundation that enables the vulnerable population in Southern Mauritania to mitigate threats and vulnerability.
Government bodies including the Ministry of Rural Development (MRD), Regional Development Committee and the Departmental Committee.
11 708 vulnerable farmers and 8 089 vulnerable herders.
- Procured and distributed 55 tonnes of sorghum seed, 10 tonnes of maize seed and 5 tonnes of cowpea seed.
- Procured and distributed 300 kg of vegetable seed, 30 000 metres of fence, 60 000 metres of stretch wire, 6 000 metal posts, 300 wheelbarrows, 600 rakes and 600 watering cans.
- Distributed veterinary inputs for small ruminants, including 300 boxes of deworming tablets for small ruminants, 2 400 external deworming medications, 19 200 ml of antibiotics, 45 kg of vitamins, as well as veterinary inputs for poultry, such as 70 kg of vitamins and 70 kg of soluble antibiotics.
- Cultivated 7 346.1 ha of land for vegetable and cereal production.
- Protected gardens against roaming animals and increased the areas used for gardening.
- Conducted a vaccination campaign and distributed for 75 192 animals.
- Improved the overall food security situation of the targeted beneficiaries.