Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Emergency recovery support to restart livelihoods, income generation and food self-sufficiency and to build the resilience of small-scale rice- and corn-based farming communities in Leyte province of Region VIII severely affected by Typhoon Haiyan23/07/2015
- Renforcement de la Résilience des populations vulnérables au Niger22/07/2015
- Agricultural assistance to populations affected by the floods in the prefectures of Dinguiraye, Kankan, Kindia, Siguiri and Tougué16/07/2015
- Intervention d’urgence pour protéger les moyens d’existence vitaux et la sécurité alimentaire des familles d’éleveurs pauvres touchés par la crise et la sécheresse en République arabe syrienne16/07/2015
- Restoring food security and improving income generation through the promotion of livestock and crop production in Central African Republic14/07/2015
Connect with us
Contributing to food and nutrition security to mitigate acute malnutrition in Mauritania
Contributing to food and nutrition security to mitigate acute malnutrition and improve preparedness for, and effective response to, agricultural livelihood threats in Southern Mauritania
Guidimakha, Gorgol, Brakna, Assaba and Tagat
To improve food and nutrition security by contributing to a solid livelihood foundation that enables the vulnerable population in Southern Mauritania to mitigate threats and vulnerability.
Government bodies including the Ministry of Rural Development (MRD), Regional Development Committee and the Departmental Committee.
11 708 vulnerable farmers and 8 089 vulnerable herders.
- Procured and distributed 55 tonnes of sorghum seed, 10 tonnes of maize seed and 5 tonnes of cowpea seed.
- Procured and distributed 300 kg of vegetable seed, 30 000 metres of fence, 60 000 metres of stretch wire, 6 000 metal posts, 300 wheelbarrows, 600 rakes and 600 watering cans.
- Distributed veterinary inputs for small ruminants, including 300 boxes of deworming tablets for small ruminants, 2 400 external deworming medications, 19 200 ml of antibiotics, 45 kg of vitamins, as well as veterinary inputs for poultry, such as 70 kg of vitamins and 70 kg of soluble antibiotics.
- Cultivated 7 346.1 ha of land for vegetable and cereal production.
- Protected gardens against roaming animals and increased the areas used for gardening.
- Conducted a vaccination campaign and distributed for 75 192 animals.
- Improved the overall food security situation of the targeted beneficiaries.