Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Food security and agriculture preparedness and response in emergencies
- Zimbabwe emergency drought mitigation operation for livestock 2013 – 2014
- Amélioration de la résilience des communautés rurales vulnérables face aux catastrophes naturelles en Haïti
- Support to early livelihood recovery of returnees in South Sudan
Connect with us
Food security monitoring and emergency assistance to vulnerable farming households in Burkina Faso
Food security monitoring and emergency assistance to vulnerable farming households in urban areas in Burkina Faso
Urban area of Ouagadougou and Ouahigouya
To improve food and nutrition security of vulnerable households in Burkina Faso and ensure the availability of proper data collection and analysis systems.
The Ministry of Agriculture, HOPE 87 and the Association Aidons l’Afrique Ensemble.
1 320 direct beneficiaries.
- Distributed 103 320 kg of vegetable seeds (tomato, cabbage, onion, carrot, lettuce and eggplant), 82 500 kg of fertilizer (NPK and urea), inputs and equipment for phytosanitary treatment (sprayers, boots, overalls, masks and gloves).
- Facilitated trainings on nutrition education, good farming practices and phytosanitary treatment techniques.
- Produced more than 3 584 tonnes of vegetables.
- Reinforced the capacity of 1 320 beneficiaries to prepare quality food from their own vegetable production, with high nutritional value, and to apply good agricultural practices.
- Improved the quality and quantity of the food intake of households.