Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
- Drought Recovery Response in Ethiopia14/04/2015
Connect with us
Restoration and maintenance of household food security and promotion of diversification of livelihood coping mechanisms in Sudan
Restoration and maintenance of household food security and promotion of diversification of livelihood coping mechanisms for vulnerable populations in the Three Transitional Areas and Eastern Sudan
To improve the food production and capacity of vulnerable households in the Three Transitional Areas and Eastern Sudan.
State and Federal Ministries of Agriculture and Forestry and of Animal Resources, and local and international NGOs.
142 370 households.
- 438 tonnes of cereal and legume seeds and 9 865 kg of vegetable seeds provided to 60 000 households, along with 22 000 hoes.
- 586 125 animals belonging to 35 695 livestock owners vaccinated against or treated for common livestock diseases.
- 30 community animal health workers (CAHWs) received refresher training.
- Fishing equipment provided to 1 060 fishing households, and training on net-making and fish processing for 110 households.
- 840 ha of pastureland rehabilitated through seed broadcasting, benefiting 2 000 households.
- 400 men and women provided with equipment and trained in cheese-making and beekeeping.
- 23 school gardens established and 500 women trained in home gardening.
- Two nurseries rehabilitated and 200 000 multipurpose tree seedlings produced and distributed to 42 500 households.
- Beneficiary farmers produced 13 886 tonnes of cereals and legumes with an estimated market value of USD 12.2 million and 9 916 tonnes of vegetables with a value of roughly USD 3.4 million.
- Number of cases of contagious animal diseases reduced, along with a drop in the loss of livestock from epidemic diseases.
- Refresher training of CAHWs afforded communities in 30 villages access to veterinary services.
- Training in cheese-making and provision of fishing equipment and training increased the availability of high quality nutritious food in local markets, thereby improving the communities’ nutritional status.
- Rehabilitation of pasturelands reduced loss of animals from hunger and increased livestock production, while production and distribution of tree seedlings helped reforest degraded lands.