Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Emergency support to protect agriculture-based livelihoods of vulnerable households in Burkina Faso
- Activités de production alimentaire domestique d'urgence dans les zones urbaines vulnérables et marginalisées dans la bande de Gaza
- Fortalecimiento de la capacidad de recuperación de las poblaciones desplazadas y receptoras de la región de Mopti en Malí
- Projet de relèvement et de relance économique dans la province du Maniema. Projet conjoint PNUD/FAO pour la Stratégie ISSSS, en appui au STAREC
Connect with us
Support to food security and livelihoods for IDPs, youth and school dropouts in Sudan
Support to food security and livelihoods for IDPs, youth and school dropouts in Khartoum, White Nile, North Kordofan and River Nile States
Khartoum, White Nile, North
Kordofan and River Nile States
The original objective of the project was to provide support to food security and livelihoods for IDPs, youth and school dropouts in Khartoum, White Nile, North Kordofan and River Nile States. However, owing to the dramatically reduced level of funding received, the objective was revised: To increase the protection of livestock assets of the most vulnerable populations in North Kordofan State through improved access to veterinary services.
Federal Ministry of Agriculture, State Ministry of Agriculture, Sudanese Development Call Organization.
The project activities benefited a total of 5 865 beneficiaries comprising nomads and vulnerable residents from eight villages in Abu Zabad locality of North Kordofan State.
- Livestock vaccinations were provided to 37 000 animals belonging to 1 850 households of vulnerable residents and pastoralists in Abu Zabad.
- Livestock curative services were provided to 20 000 animals belonging to 4 000 beneficiary households.
- The project conducted a serosurveillance and parasitic investigation in Abu Zabad.
- The livestock vaccination component of the project reduced mortality rates and disease outbreak, while helping to increase production among animals in the targeted areas.
- The project’s livestock curative services contributed to the elimination of parasitic infestation among treated animals through de-worming.
- The training of community animal health workers afforded the targeted communities in Abu Zabad access to local veterinary services.