Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Emergency vaccination and targeted feeding of livestock grazing in areas along the Syria–Lebanon border06/07/2016
- Emergency assistance to restore agricultural-based livelihoods of vulnerable earthquake-affected smallholder farmers in the six most affected districts in Nepal24/06/2016
- Building household resilience through promoting adapted production technologies in livelihoods and natural resources management in Sudan24/06/2016
- Support to the food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural populations in the Central African Republic22/06/2016
- Seeds for peace (South Sudan)22/06/2016
Connect with us
Support to coordination mechanisms, integrating nutrition, gender and food security in Haiti
Support to coordination mechanisms, integrating nutrition, gender and food security for an adequate response to agricultural emergency and rehabilitation interventions in Haiti
To support the Government in its efforts to promote the local food production capacity of rural families, with particular emphasis on restoring food production in earthquake-affected households and rural communities hosting urban displaced people.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Rural Development (MARNDR), UN agencies, community groups, as well as national and international NGOs.
Staff and other members of Government agencies, donors, UN agencies, NGOs, MARNDR and local community groups involved in the agriculture sector. Indirect beneficiaries were the entire population targeted by organizations participating in the Agriculture Cluster.
- Coordinated the Agriculture Cluster, bringing together more than 200 institutions and organizations.
- Brought together national and international NGOs in line with MARNDR and the Tables sectorielles d’agriculture.
- Implemented a National Food Security Survey to evaluate living conditions, livelihoods, food supply, current patterns of food consumption and future coping strategies.
- Conducted two departmental workshops in areas at high risk of disaster on emergency assessment owing to damages caused by floods.
- Developed the contingency plan to be activated in case of natural disaster emergencies.
- Trained 60 000 households and 50 technicians of the MARNDR on emergency needs assessment.
- Enhanced food security-related information collection, analysis and management.
- Strengthened the operational structure of MARNDR at national and departmental levels, enabling to better planning, monitoring and implementation of interventions.
- Improved local capacities to better analyse emerging needs, identify target beneficiaries, evaluate required inputs and target impact assessments.
- Strengthened linkages between the humanitarian cluster approach and the Tables sectorielles de l’agriculture approach that links relief, rehabilitation and development.