Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Emergency vaccination and targeted feeding of livestock grazing in areas along the Syria–Lebanon border06/07/2016
- Emergency assistance to restore agricultural-based livelihoods of vulnerable earthquake-affected smallholder farmers in the six most affected districts in Nepal24/06/2016
- Building household resilience through promoting adapted production technologies in livelihoods and natural resources management in Sudan24/06/2016
- Support to the food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural populations in the Central African Republic22/06/2016
- Seeds for peace (South Sudan)22/06/2016
Connect with us
Restoring Livelihoods in the Earthquake Affected Areas of Pakistan
Project to Assist ERRA and its Partners in Restoring Livelihoods in the Earthquake Affected Areas of Pakistan
Pakistan Administered Kashmir (PAK) and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province (KP)
To make a significant contribution to the livelihoods rehabilitation programme of the Government of Pakistan in the earthquake-affected areas of PAK and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Government of Pakistan line departments, United Nations agencies, nongovernmental organizations, private sector organizations and community-based organizations.
The Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Authority of the Government of Pakistan and implementing partners of its Livelihood Rehabilitation Strategy.
- Developed 1 785 Community Livelihoods Rehabilitation Plans out of which 1 023 were implemented.
- Implemented Integrated Watershed Management Plans, including both natural resources and livelihood-focused rehabilitation interventions, in 17 watersheds.
- Trained 885 participants through a capacity building programme, including implementing partners, community representatives, government agencies and project staff.
- Beneficiary communities gained ownership, experience and confidence in planning, implementing and monitoring livelihood rehabilitation and watershed management interventions.
- The involvement of local implementing partners helped to build human and social capital, enabling the replication and sustainability of livelihood rehabilitation processes and activities.
- The project significantly improved the livelihoods and nutritional situation of targeted communities.