Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Strengthening national capacity to prevent and control to emerging and re-emerging pandemic threats including influenza A in Bangladesh12/01/2017
- Appui à la réinsertion des retournés de République Centrafricaine (RCA) et soutien aux communautés hôtes au Tchad-VOLET FAO 23/12/2016
- Protection d’urgence des ressources d’élevage des éleveurs et des agropasteurs affectés par les impacts du phénomène El Niño en Éthiopie22/12/2016
- Resuming agriculture and income opportunities for communities affected by the CAR crisis22/11/2016
- Emergency agricultural input support to vulnerable farmers affected by the crisis in Syria22/11/2016
Connect with us
Restoring Livelihoods in the Earthquake Affected Areas of Pakistan
Project to Assist ERRA and its Partners in Restoring Livelihoods in the Earthquake Affected Areas of Pakistan
Pakistan Administered Kashmir (PAK) and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province (KP)
To make a significant contribution to the livelihoods rehabilitation programme of the Government of Pakistan in the earthquake-affected areas of PAK and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Government of Pakistan line departments, United Nations agencies, nongovernmental organizations, private sector organizations and community-based organizations.
The Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Authority of the Government of Pakistan and implementing partners of its Livelihood Rehabilitation Strategy.
- Developed 1 785 Community Livelihoods Rehabilitation Plans out of which 1 023 were implemented.
- Implemented Integrated Watershed Management Plans, including both natural resources and livelihood-focused rehabilitation interventions, in 17 watersheds.
- Trained 885 participants through a capacity building programme, including implementing partners, community representatives, government agencies and project staff.
- Beneficiary communities gained ownership, experience and confidence in planning, implementing and monitoring livelihood rehabilitation and watershed management interventions.
- The involvement of local implementing partners helped to build human and social capital, enabling the replication and sustainability of livelihood rehabilitation processes and activities.
- The project significantly improved the livelihoods and nutritional situation of targeted communities.