Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Rétablissement d'urgence de la capacité d'auto prise en charge des populations d'éleveurs déplacées du Mali25/06/2015
- Emergency assistance to address the 2011/2012 severe crop failure 11/06/2015
- Soutien aux moyens d’existence des ménages affectés par la crise alimentaire et nutritionnelle de 2012 en Gambie, à travers le renforcement des capacités de production maraîchère et le soutien à l'élevage 10/06/2015
- Locust crisis in the Sahel05/06/2015
- Building resilient livelihoods in Afar Region01/06/2015
Connect with us
Agricultural and livestock support for returnees, IDPs and resident communities in Sudan
Agricultural and livestock support for early recovery and reintegration of returnees, IDPs and resident communities in Southern Kordofan
To improve staple crop production (cereals and pulses), protect livestock assets, and increase vegetable production for household consumption and income generation.
State and Federal Ministries of Agriculture and Forestry and of Animal Resources, and local and international NGOs.
14 930 households (10 000 through crop production and 4 930 through vaccination and treatment of their livestock).
- 75 tonnes of cereal and legume seeds provided to 10 000 households.
- 58 000 animals belonging to 2 900 livestock owners vaccinated against common livestock diseases.
- 10 000 animals belonging to 2 000 households treated for disease and infection.
- 20 agricultural para-extension workers trained in crop production techniques.
- 30 community animal health workers (CAHWs) received refresher training.
- 50 women trained in vegetable production and processing.
- Beneficiary farmers produced 1 315 tonnes of cereals and legumes with an estimated market value of USD 912 132.
- Number of cases of contagious animal diseases reduced, along with a drop in the loss of livestock from epidemic diseases.
- Refresher training of CAHWs afforded communities in 23 villages access to veterinary services.
- The training of 20 para-extension workers significantly contributed to improving the knowledge and skills of a considerable number of farmers in their localities.