Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Household recovery reinforcement and support to Emergency Response Coordination in the Niger
- Support to coordination of food security and agriculture in emergency preparedness and response in Afghanistan
- Programme de réponse rapide et de renforcement de la sécurité alimentaire pour les ménages affectés par les conflits à l’Est de la République démocratique du Congo
- Coordination of food and agricultural disaster risk reduction and management in southern Africa
Connect with us
Agricultural and livestock support for returnees, IDPs and resident communities in Sudan
Agricultural and livestock support for early recovery and reintegration of returnees, IDPs and resident communities in Southern Kordofan
To improve staple crop production (cereals and pulses), protect livestock assets, and increase vegetable production for household consumption and income generation.
State and Federal Ministries of Agriculture and Forestry and of Animal Resources, and local and international NGOs.
14 930 households (10 000 through crop production and 4 930 through vaccination and treatment of their livestock).
- 75 tonnes of cereal and legume seeds provided to 10 000 households.
- 58 000 animals belonging to 2 900 livestock owners vaccinated against common livestock diseases.
- 10 000 animals belonging to 2 000 households treated for disease and infection.
- 20 agricultural para-extension workers trained in crop production techniques.
- 30 community animal health workers (CAHWs) received refresher training.
- 50 women trained in vegetable production and processing.
- Beneficiary farmers produced 1 315 tonnes of cereals and legumes with an estimated market value of USD 912 132.
- Number of cases of contagious animal diseases reduced, along with a drop in the loss of livestock from epidemic diseases.
- Refresher training of CAHWs afforded communities in 23 villages access to veterinary services.
- The training of 20 para-extension workers significantly contributed to improving the knowledge and skills of a considerable number of farmers in their localities.