Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Nutrition Material development for Agriculture Workers in Ethiopia26/08/2015
- Strengthening institutional capacity for and improving intersectoral collaboration, coordination, and communication for effective prevention and control of rabies in Viet Nam24/08/2015
- Strengthening wildlife farming biosecurity and management in Viet Nam24/08/2015
- Assistance d’urgence pour la protection du bétail touché par la crise au Waziristan du Nord par l’approvisionnement en fournitures vétérinaires et fourrages primordiaux 18/08/2015
- Effective, timely and strategic Food Security and Agriculture Cluster (FSAC) coordination solutions to food insecurity in Afghanistan18/08/2015
Connect with us
Emergency agriculture assistance to flood victims in Sri Lanka
Emergency agriculture assistance to flood victims in the Eastern and Central Provinces of Sri Lanka
To improve the food security and reduce the economic vulnerability and relief dependence of flood victims in Eastern Sri Lanka.
The Department of Agriculture.
16 515 households.
- During the yala 2011 season, distributed 1 585 tonnes of seed paddy, sufficient for the cultivation of 13 608 hectare of land, to 14 782 farmers who had access to irrigated land.
- During the maha 2011/12 season, distributed 106 tonnes of paddy seed, sufficient for the cultivation of 3 467 hectares of land, to 1 733 flood-affected farmers who were not able to plant crops during the previous yala season due to lack of irrigation facilities.
- The inputs provided under the project enabled a harvest yield of 63 012 tonnes of paddy during the yala 2011 season.
- Beneficiaries had increased access to paddy for household rice consumption, future seed stocks and sale of surplus, thus improved food security and income generating opportunities.