Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Soutien à l'autosuffisance alimentaire en appui au RRMP et renforcement des disponibilités locales de semences
- Amélioration de la sécurité alimentaire de 4 600 ménages affectés par la malnutrition et l'insécurité alimentaire
- Strengthening Institutions for Risk Management of Transboundary Animal Diseases in the Southern African Development Community Region
- Provision of essential agricultural inputs for returning war-affected internally displaced persons in the north of Sri Lanka
Connect with us
Emergency agriculture assistance to flood victims in Sri Lanka
Emergency agriculture assistance to flood victims in the Eastern and Central Provinces of Sri Lanka
To improve the food security and reduce the economic vulnerability and relief dependence of flood victims in Eastern Sri Lanka.
The Department of Agriculture.
16 515 households.
- During the yala 2011 season, distributed 1 585 tonnes of seed paddy, sufficient for the cultivation of 13 608 hectare of land, to 14 782 farmers who had access to irrigated land.
- During the maha 2011/12 season, distributed 106 tonnes of paddy seed, sufficient for the cultivation of 3 467 hectares of land, to 1 733 flood-affected farmers who were not able to plant crops during the previous yala season due to lack of irrigation facilities.
- The inputs provided under the project enabled a harvest yield of 63 012 tonnes of paddy during the yala 2011 season.
- Beneficiaries had increased access to paddy for household rice consumption, future seed stocks and sale of surplus, thus improved food security and income generating opportunities.