Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Improve food insecure households' resilience in the eastern region of Burkina Faso27/04/2016
- Appui aux réfugiés maliens dans la région de Tahoua, Niger27/04/2016
- Livelihoods resilience opportunities for conflict-affected rural communities in the Central African Republic27/04/2016
- Réponse d’urgence en appui aux populations rurales en République centrafricaine21/04/2016
- Consolidate and strengthen agriculture and disaster risk management responses to food security and nutrition through resilience building in Mauritania15/04/2016
Connect with us
Immediate support to agriculture for earthquake affected populations in Haiti
Immediate support to urban and peri-urban agriculture for earthquake affected populations
To support the food security of earthquake-affected households by increasing the diversity and availability of quality food, and by creating additional sources of income through urban agriculture.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Rural Development, farmer’s organizations, women’s groups as well as national and international NGOs.
Some 784 vulnerable households (3 920 people).
- Procured and distributed 880 transplanting trowels, 880 hand garden trowels, 880 cultivators, 880 sprayers, 880 buckets, 880 caps, 885 watering cans and 653 bags of composts.
- Procured and distributed 5.04 kg of eggplant seed, 11.99 kg of carrot seed, 6.45 kg of cabbage seed, 5.6 kg of chili seed, 20.66 kg of okra seed, 6.95 kg of onion seed, 6.95 kg of pepper seed, 20.66 kg of Swiss chard seed and 6.95 kg of tomato seed.
- Trained 7 promoters, one for each camp, on agricultural gardening in urban and peri-urban areas, as well as compost production.
- Set up demonstration plots to train beneficiaries in agricultural production techniques.
- Supported beneficiaries in installing micro-gardens in urban and peri-urban settings.
- Increased the food security of the project beneficiaries through increased, and diversified vegetable production from micro-gardens.
- Strengthened the capacity and knowledge of beneficiaries on production processes linked to urban and peri-urban agriculture.
- Improved the nutritional status and income of households.
- Cultivated 30 to 40 kg of okra, 25 to 40 kg of Swiss chard, 10 to 15 kg of tomato, 10 to 15 kg of pepper, 10 to 15 kg of chili and 8 to 10 kg of onion and carrot.