Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Regional initiative in support of vulnerable pastoralists and agropastoralists in the Horn of Africa31/03/2015
- Strengthening the FSL Cluster for food and nutrition security in South Sudan24/03/2015
- Strengthening food security coordination for livelihood response and improving food and nutrition security response in South Sudan23/03/2015
- Improving food and nutrition security through increasing access to crop production inputs, technology and services19/03/2015
- Emergency support to improve food security conditions of vulnerable internally displaced households in the Syrian Arab Republic12/03/2015
Connect with us
Immediate Assistance to Women and Fish Farmers Severely Affected by Cyclones in Bangladesh
Immediate Assistance to Restore Livelihoods of Women and Fish Farmers Severely Affected by Cyclones in South Western Bangladesh
Bagerhat, Barguna, Patuakhali, Pirojpur and Satkhira districts.
To restore the livelihoods and improve the food security and nutrition of women and fish farmers who were severely affected by the cyclones in the south-western Bangladesh.
The Department of Fisheries, Department of Livestock Services and various national non-governmental organizations.
7 000 households.
- Distributed 36 000 chickens, 240 tonnes of layer feed and bamboo poultry shed construction material to 2 000 female-headed households.
- Distributed 4 million carp fingerlings, 25 tonnes of fertilizers and 500 tonnes of fish feed to 5 000 households engaged in aquaculture.
- Provided training to all beneficiaries in aquaculture techniques, poultry rearing and bio-measures.
- The beneficiaries of the poultry package have increased access to eggs and poultry meat for households consumption and sale of surplus, which is expected to yield about USD 123 annually per family.
- The beneficiaries of the aquaculture package have increased access to fish for households consumption and sale of surplus, which is expected to yield about USD 290 annually per family.