Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Appui à 62 espaces communautaires d’éveil pour l’amélioration de la nutrition et l’autonomisation de leurs comités de soutien
- Support and diversification of livelihood opportunities in urban/peri-urban centres of Puntland
- Strengthening emergency preparedness and response for highly pathogenic avian influenza in Bangladesh
- Strengthening national capacity to respond to highly pathogenic avian influenza in Bangladesh
Connect with us
Promoción de la gestión del riesgo climático y reducción de la vulnerabilidad en Bolivia
Promoción de la gestión del riesgo climático y reducción de la vulnerabilidad para fortalecer la producción agrícola sostenible en regiones seleccionadas de Bolivia
Departments of Beni, Potosí, Santa Cruz and Chuquisaca
To contribute to the sustainable development of Bolivia through strengthening climate-related disaster risk management and climate change adaptation, in line with national priorities for disaster risk management.
Government entities, institutions and technical support organizations.
7 068 vulnerable families.
- Installed new equipment and monitoring systems in collaboration with the National Meteorology and Hydrology Service to improve early warning systems in nine meteorological stations.
- Trained supervisors from the municipal Risk Management Units on early warning systems.
- Established 16 Risk Management Units at community level.
- Supported agricultural practices, taking into account local customs, traditions and ancestral knowledge to succeed in improving local capacities.
- Distributed agricultural seeds (potato, quinoa, broad bean, rice, maize, kidney bean), cassava cuttings, good quality forage seed for the short growing season, veterinary supplies as well as communication and dissemination equipment for the early warning systems.
- Built pens to protect ewes and female llamas, as well as their young, from adverse weather conditions and predators.
- Constructed small water catchments as water harvesting systems.
- Supported the sustainable management of agriculture and livestock, promoting practices that increased production and food security.
- Reduced climate change vulnerability through the establishment of basic infrastructure, including farms and homes.
- Reduced household risk to food insecurity.