Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Restore and strengthen food and nutrition security and build the livelihood resilience of huseholds in the Sudan26/10/2015
- Emergency animal health support for small scale livestock holders affected by the floods in Bosnia and Herzegovina26/10/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d'urgence en faveur de 4 000 ménages en République démocratique du Congo26/10/2015
- Construction of post-harvest storage facilities in northern Uganda20/10/2015
- Support for the recovery of agriculture-based livelihoods of vulnerable farmers affected by 2012 floods in Pakistan20/10/2015
Connect with us
Livelihood recovery for flood-affected communities in Ethiopia
Livelihood recovery for flood-affected communities in Amhara National Regional State
To ensure the quick livelihood recovery of flood affected communities in Wanthwa, Jikawo, Akobo and Lare woredas.
Gambella Regional Bureau of Agriculture Development (RBAD), Gambella Agriculture Research Institute and other local government offices.
14 826 households through the seed component.
- Distribution of 2 242 quintals of cereal (maize and sorghum) seeds to 10 851 households, 1 952 kg of vegetable seeds to 6 954 households, 22 292 farm tools (watering cans, hoes, etc.) and 400 treadle pumps.
- Training in use and maintenance of treadle pumps (151 development agents, experts and farmers), flood mitigation and vulnerability mapping (30 woreda and RBAD experts), small-scale irrigation and water management (22 woreda and RBAD extension staff, conservation agriculture (30 experts), integrated pest management and post-harvest handling (30 trainees), disaster risk reduction and early warning (25 local government staff) and animal health (235 farmers and animal health workers).
- 167 669 animals belonging to 23 640 households vaccinated against disease.
- Assessment mission conducted to determine the extent and magnitude of flooding and develop solutions to mitigate risk to lives and livelihoods.
- 163 360 quintals of cereal and over 43 000 quintals of vegetables harvested.
- Assessment team identified flood mitigation measures, i.e. to protect villages with soil embankments, etc.
- Capacity developed in the region for animal health, irrigation, conservation agriculture, disaster risk reduction and flood mitigation.
- Livestock protected against common diseases.