Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Soutien à l'autosuffisance alimentaire en appui au RRMP et renforcement des disponibilités locales de semences
- Amélioration de la sécurité alimentaire de 4 600 ménages affectés par la malnutrition et l'insécurité alimentaire
- Strengthening Institutions for Risk Management of Transboundary Animal Diseases in the Southern African Development Community Region
- Provision of essential agricultural inputs for returning war-affected internally displaced persons in the north of Sri Lanka
Connect with us
Emergency support to the communities most affected by the floods in Peru
Emergency support to the communities most affected by the floods in the Ucayali region
To restore the productive capacity and increase the disaster resilience of subsistence farmers most affected by the floods in the Ucayali region.
Ministry of Agriculture and its decentralized offices, National Institute of Agricultural Research, National Service of Agricultural Health, National Institute of Civil Defense and other regional and local government entities.
450 vulnerable flood-affected households.
- Procured and distributed vegetable seed kits that included 25 g of tomato and chive seeds; 40 g of cucumber, cilantro and radish seeds; and 30 g of cauliflower seeds.
- Procured and distributed poultry assistance packages that included five Creole birds (four hens and one rooster).
- Facilitated workshops and training on appropriate management of vegetable seeds, management and breeding of Creole birds and capacity-building sessions on disaster risk management.
- Beneficiaries produced a total of 15 750 kg of tomato, 5 400 bundles of radish, 5 400 heads of cabbage, 6 750 cucumbers, 4 500 kg of chive onion and 9 000 cilantro bundles during the first harvest.
- Beneficiaries were able to increase poultry production.
- Improved the diet of targeted beneficiaries through the production of vegetables and poultry products (meat, eggs).
- Reduced household food cost.
- Strengthened the capacities of municipal and local authorities involved in the development of agricultural project activities, mainly on disaster risk management.