Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Enhancing the resilience of farmers' livelihoods in the West Bank through improved water availability and management21/04/2017
- Support to agricultural recovery and improvement of food security in the Central African Republic27/03/2017
- Amélioration de la production, de la disponibilité et de l’accès à des aliments nutritifs pour les ménages touchés par la crise en milieu urbain et périurbain au Soudan du Sud13/03/2017
- Réponse d'urgence pour l'amélioration de la sécurité alimentaire et de la nutrition des ménages déplacés, retournés et communautés hôtes10/03/2017
- UN Programme on Ebola Virus Disease Preparedness in Ghana09/03/2017
Connect with us
HPAI early warning, early response and preparedness strategy support in Regional Africa
HPAI early warning, early response and preparedness strategy support in Western and Central Africa
Western and Central Africa.
To assist countries in Western and Central Africa in enhancing their capacities to prevent the introduction of HPAI and to respond efficiently to HPAI outbreaks.
USAID; OIE; AU-IBAR; the Ministries of Livestock and Animal Health in Western and Central Africa.
23 Western and Central African ministries responsible for livestock and animal health; poultry owners, producers and traders; national veterinary services; general population.
- Capacity-building activities in the fields of enhanced biosecurity for poultry farms and live bird markets (LBMs).
- Creation of RESOLAB, RESEPI, RESECOP and RESOCOM networks.
- Passive and active surveillance in key countries such as Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Niger and Sierra Leone.
- Installation of TADinfo software in Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea Bissau and Mali and training of staff in its proper use and maintenance.
- Introduction and testing of the regional zoo-sanitary certificates for poultry and poultry products within the ECOWAS area.
- Organization of the regional HPAI control simulation exercises.
- Provision of reference reagents for HPAI and material for laboratory diagnosis, organization of technical training workshops and external proficiency tests.
- Support of the region’s main poultry associations and promotion of public-private partnerships at the national and regional levels.
- Strengthened regional capacities of 23 countries on HPAI surveillance, prevention and control.
- Enhanced collaboration between national epidemiosurveillance systems and diagnostic laboratories both at country and regional levels.
- Reduced laboratory confirmation diagnosis to two days instead of an average of 30 days in 2006.
- Improved biosecurity in selected LBMs in Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire and Togo as a result of well-designed and implemented interventions.
- Heightened awareness of the risks associated with animal diseases (particularly zoonotic diseases) and human-animal interface issues.