Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Appui à 62 espaces communautaires d’éveil pour l’amélioration de la nutrition et l’autonomisation de leurs comités de soutien
- Support and diversification of livelihood opportunities in urban/peri-urban centres of Puntland
- Strengthening emergency preparedness and response for highly pathogenic avian influenza in Bangladesh
- Strengthening national capacity to respond to highly pathogenic avian influenza in Bangladesh
Connect with us
Enhancing livelihoods and entrepreneurship skills of vulnerable Youth in the West Bank & Gaza Strip
Enhancing livelihoods and entrepreneurship skills of vulnerable Youth through Junior Farmer Field and Life Schools in the West Bank
Nablus, Tulkarm, Hebron and Bethlehem.
To improve the food security and livelihoods of the project’s participants and their households, and to provide them with increased opportunities to generate income and future employment in the agro-business sector.
Ministry of Education and Higher Education, Ministry of Youth and Sports, Youth Development Association, Ministry of Women’s Affairs, women’s associations, village councils and local schools.
300 students, 20 facilitators and ten local women’s associations.
- Provided training to 20 facilitators in agricultural and life skills for use with students in the Junior Farmer Field and Life Schools (JFFLSs).
- Provided each of the ten schools with agricultural tools, drip irrigation system, water tank, shed, vegetable seeds (potato, onion, spinach and lettuce), a computer, computer desk, printer and camera.
- Conducted two lessons per week for ten weeks following the JFFLS curriculum, including garden crop cultivation and life skills.
- Provided 40 sheep to 90 students who had joined three youth clubs.
- Conducted ten workshops to agricultural projects and colleges for all 300 students.
- The JFFLSs led to increases in the students’ overall school attendance and academic performance.
- The project improved students’ knowledge in agricultural skills, nutrition, the environment, and agricultural pests and animal diseases.
- The sheep distributed under the project have, thus far, produced 30 lambs, which will be sold for profits to be used to sustain the livestock activities.