Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Regional cassava initiative in support of vulnerable smallholders in Central and Eastern Africa
- Drought Recovery and Smallholder Adaptation Programme in Djibouti and Somalia
- Emergency rehabilitation of the productive capacity of households affected by the 2012 severe weather conditions in the Gambia
- Appui d’urgence aux agriculteurs vulnérables en Haiti en réponse à la dépression tropicale Sandy
Connect with us
Support to internally displaced persons, vulnerable communities and communities at risk of displacement in Colombia
Support to urban internally displaced persons, vulnerable communities in rural areas and communities at risk of displacement in the Departments of Sucre and Bolívar
To increase food security and contribute to the restoration of sustainable livelihoods of urban internally displaced persons/families and rural communities at risk of displacement in the Departments of Sucre and Bolívar.
Municipal government, United Nations organizations, non-governmental organizations and civil society.
8 252 households.
- Procurement and distribution of hand tools, construction materials, fertilizers, seeds, seedlings and plant material.
- Distribution of materials to construct 8 252 family gardens in 193 communities and 52 districts of 11 municipalities.
- Training of 8 252 families on issues related to seed varieties, planting methods, plant nutrition, crops, etc.
- Development of a monitoring system: mapping and prioritization of geographical area and implementation of a geographic information system.
- 885 tonnes of green corn, 275 tonnes of Creole rice, 290 loads (36 250 kg) of Hartón plantain harvested.
- An average of 15 USD per family saved owing to consumption of vegetables, allowing them to buy food and cover other household expenses.
- Dependence on food aid decreased, local traditions promoted, communal bonds strengthened and diets diversified.