Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
- Drought Recovery Response in Ethiopia14/04/2015
Connect with us
Support to internally displaced persons, vulnerable communities and communities at risk of displacement in Colombia
Support to urban internally displaced persons, vulnerable communities in rural areas and communities at risk of displacement in the Departments of Sucre and Bolívar
To increase food security and contribute to the restoration of sustainable livelihoods of urban internally displaced persons/families and rural communities at risk of displacement in the Departments of Sucre and Bolívar.
Municipal government, United Nations organizations, non-governmental organizations and civil society.
8 252 households.
- Procurement and distribution of hand tools, construction materials, fertilizers, seeds, seedlings and plant material.
- Distribution of materials to construct 8 252 family gardens in 193 communities and 52 districts of 11 municipalities.
- Training of 8 252 families on issues related to seed varieties, planting methods, plant nutrition, crops, etc.
- Development of a monitoring system: mapping and prioritization of geographical area and implementation of a geographic information system.
- 885 tonnes of green corn, 275 tonnes of Creole rice, 290 loads (36 250 kg) of Hartón plantain harvested.
- An average of 15 USD per family saved owing to consumption of vegetables, allowing them to buy food and cover other household expenses.
- Dependence on food aid decreased, local traditions promoted, communal bonds strengthened and diets diversified.