Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Emergency recovery support to restart livelihoods, income generation and food self-sufficiency and to build the resilience of small-scale rice- and corn-based farming communities in Leyte province of Region VIII severely affected by Typhoon Haiyan23/07/2015
- Renforcement de la Résilience des populations vulnérables au Niger22/07/2015
- Agricultural assistance to populations affected by the floods in the prefectures of Dinguiraye, Kankan, Kindia, Siguiri and Tougué16/07/2015
- Intervention d’urgence pour protéger les moyens d’existence vitaux et la sécurité alimentaire des familles d’éleveurs pauvres touchés par la crise et la sécheresse en République arabe syrienne16/07/2015
- Restoring food security and improving income generation through the promotion of livestock and crop production in Central African Republic14/07/2015
Connect with us
Reducing the vulnerability of Afar pastoral and agropastoral communities to recurrent drought in Ethiopia
Reducing the vulnerability of Afar pastoral and agropastoral communities to recurrent drought
To reduce the vulnerability of Afar pastoral and agropastoral communities to drought and climate change through capacity building, the promotion of appropriate technologies and the rehabilitation of key ecological resources.
Afar Pastoral, Agricultural and Rural Development Bureau; Afar Water Works Construction Enterprise; Woreda Pastoral, Agricultural and Rural Development Offices and other regional and local authorities.
19 669 households.
- Provided livestock feed (multinutrient blocks and teff straw) to 2 646 households.
- Distributed MNB production materials to MNB producer cooperatives.
- Provided veterinary drugs, vaccines and cold chain equipment to regional authorities and private drug vendors;
- Vaccinated almost 1.5 million small ruminants against peste des petits ruminants and sheep and goat pox.
- Trained 372 community members, development agents, community animal health workers and private veterinary drug vendors.
- Protected valuable livelihood assets.
- Increased the availability of milk in beneficiary households.
- Strengthened local animal health service provision.
- Contributed to the development of a sustainable supply of veterinary drugs.
- Set up community-managed disaster risk reduction groups.
- Designed and rehabilitated three livestock water points.
- Rehabilitated a small-scale irrigation scheme.
- Identified and mapped existing water points.