Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- FAO Resilience Programme in Somalia30/05/2016
- FAO technical support to the COMESA-EAC-SADC Programme on Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation in the Eastern and Southern Africa Region18/05/2016
- Emergency livelihood support to crisis-affected populations in South Sudan13/05/2016
- Assistance d’urgence en santé animale aux petits éleveurs touchés par les inondations en Serbie13/05/2016
- Appui agricole en faveur des ménages affectés par la malnutrition et l'insécurité alimentaire en République Démocratique du Congo13/05/2016
Connect with us
Emergency food production support to poor families in the West Bank & Gaza Strip
Emergency food production support to poor families in the Gaza Strip
Gaza City, Beit Hanoun, Deir al Balah (Wadi Salqa) and Rafah.
To provide immediate livelihoods relief to poor and vulnerable families in urban and semi-rural areas through the provision of agricultural inputs and technical support to develop and demonstrate simple household garden and aquaculture systems for vegetable and fish production.
A local non-governmental organization, Economic and Social Development Center, and four local women’s associations.
569/593 households, (approximately 3 699 individuals).
- Provided training on fish cultivation and improved home gardening and rooftop garden practices to beneficiaries.
- Distributed inputs for backyard garden construction, including composted organic fertilizer, agricultural tools, drip irrigation networks and seedlings.
- Distributed inputs for rooftop garden construction, including fish tank, pipes, irrigation networks, 60 fingerlings, electric pumps, filters, fish fodder and winter vegetable seedlings and seeds.
- Beneficiaries were able to increase the amount of nutritious food available for household consumption.
- Beneficiaries’ income increased as a result of being able to sell surplus foods at the local market.