Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Improving food security in North Gaza through land rehabilitation and open-field vegetable production
- Mejora de los medios de vida de pequeños agricultores en Guatemala
- Supporting sustainable livelihood development for recently resettled war-affected populations in Sri Lanka
- Renforcement des capacités de résilience des populations vulnérabilisées par la crise alimentaire au Burkina Faso
Connect with us
Emergency food production support to poor families in the West Bank & Gaza Strip
Emergency food production support to poor families in the Gaza Strip
Gaza City, Beit Hanoun, Deir al Balah (Wadi Salqa) and Rafah.
To provide immediate livelihoods relief to poor and vulnerable families in urban and semi-rural areas through the provision of agricultural inputs and technical support to develop and demonstrate simple household garden and aquaculture systems for vegetable and fish production.
A local non-governmental organization, Economic and Social Development Center, and four local women’s associations.
569/593 households, (approximately 3 699 individuals).
- Provided training on fish cultivation and improved home gardening and rooftop garden practices to beneficiaries.
- Distributed inputs for backyard garden construction, including composted organic fertilizer, agricultural tools, drip irrigation networks and seedlings.
- Distributed inputs for rooftop garden construction, including fish tank, pipes, irrigation networks, 60 fingerlings, electric pumps, filters, fish fodder and winter vegetable seedlings and seeds.
- Beneficiaries were able to increase the amount of nutritious food available for household consumption.
- Beneficiaries’ income increased as a result of being able to sell surplus foods at the local market.