Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Regional initiative in support of vulnerable pastoralists and agropastoralists in the Horn of Africa31/03/2015
- Strengthening the FSL Cluster for food and nutrition security in South Sudan24/03/2015
- Strengthening food security coordination for livelihood response and improving food and nutrition security response in South Sudan23/03/2015
- Improving food and nutrition security through increasing access to crop production inputs, technology and services19/03/2015
- Emergency support to improve food security conditions of vulnerable internally displaced households in the Syrian Arab Republic12/03/2015
Connect with us
Emergency food production support to poor families in the West Bank & Gaza Strip
Emergency food production support to poor families in the Gaza Strip
Gaza City, Beit Hanoun, Deir al Balah (Wadi Salqa) and Rafah.
To provide immediate livelihoods relief to poor and vulnerable families in urban and semi-rural areas through the provision of agricultural inputs and technical support to develop and demonstrate simple household garden and aquaculture systems for vegetable and fish production.
A local non-governmental organization, Economic and Social Development Center, and four local women’s associations.
569/593 households, (approximately 3 699 individuals).
- Provided training on fish cultivation and improved home gardening and rooftop garden practices to beneficiaries.
- Distributed inputs for backyard garden construction, including composted organic fertilizer, agricultural tools, drip irrigation networks and seedlings.
- Distributed inputs for rooftop garden construction, including fish tank, pipes, irrigation networks, 60 fingerlings, electric pumps, filters, fish fodder and winter vegetable seedlings and seeds.
- Beneficiaries were able to increase the amount of nutritious food available for household consumption.
- Beneficiaries’ income increased as a result of being able to sell surplus foods at the local market.