Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Regional cassava initiative in support of vulnerable smallholders in Central and Eastern Africa
- Drought Recovery and Smallholder Adaptation Programme in Djibouti and Somalia
- Emergency rehabilitation of the productive capacity of households affected by the 2012 severe weather conditions in the Gambia
- Appui d’urgence aux agriculteurs vulnérables en Haiti en réponse à la dépression tropicale Sandy
Connect with us
Restoration of fishers’ livelihoods in Cyclone Giri-affected areas in Myanmar
Restoration of fishers’ livelihoods in Cyclone Giri-affected areas
To restore the fisheries- and livestock-related livelihoods in the Cyclone Giri-affected area by re-establishing the production capacity of fishers, small-scale farmers and landless households.
The Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation, the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries, the International Rescue Committee, local authorities and local communities.
2 520 households (15 120 persons, of whom 7 711 women and 2 167 children under five years of age).
- Timely distribution of fishing gear and livestock kits for goat and pig rearing.
- Provision of training on gear maintenance and animal husbandry to beneficiaries of the corresponding inputs.
- 460 sets of fishing gear, 750 goat-rearing kits and 900 pig-rearing kits provided to a total of 2 518 cyclone-affected households in 47 villages of Myebon Township.
- Livelihood skills and practices improved through tailored trainings and provision of Information, Education and Communication materials.