Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Post Ebola livelihood recovery through women association food and income security empowerment24/02/2017
- Jeunesse au travail: réduction de la pauvreté rurale21/02/2017
- Jubbaland and Galmadug fishermen and fleet registration15/02/2017
- Provision of time-critical livelihood-saving support in drought-affected areas of Puntland15/02/2017
- Strengthening local resilience to food insecurity to develop a national early warning system for vulnerable rural families in Bolivia08/02/2017
Connect with us
Restoration of fishers’ livelihoods in Cyclone Giri-affected areas in Myanmar
Restoration of fishers’ livelihoods in Cyclone Giri-affected areas
To restore the fisheries- and livestock-related livelihoods in the Cyclone Giri-affected area by re-establishing the production capacity of fishers, small-scale farmers and landless households.
The Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation, the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries, the International Rescue Committee, local authorities and local communities.
2 520 households (15 120 persons, of whom 7 711 women and 2 167 children under five years of age).
- Timely distribution of fishing gear and livestock kits for goat and pig rearing.
- Provision of training on gear maintenance and animal husbandry to beneficiaries of the corresponding inputs.
- 460 sets of fishing gear, 750 goat-rearing kits and 900 pig-rearing kits provided to a total of 2 518 cyclone-affected households in 47 villages of Myebon Township.
- Livelihood skills and practices improved through tailored trainings and provision of Information, Education and Communication materials.