Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Projet pilote de protection et de restauration durable des moyens productifs des éleveurs et maraîchers du Sila, par la structuration, l’amélioration de la santé animale et l’association agriculture-élevage25/03/2016
- Rétablissement d'urgence de la capacité d'auto-prise en charge des populations déplacées du Mali25/03/2016
- Strengthening the food security coordination and building the resilience of agropastoral communities in Chad23/03/2016
- Assistance through FAO for the control of rabies in Indonesia23/03/2016
- Assistance to strengthen emergency preparedness for highly pathogenic avian influenza in India22/03/2016
Connect with us
Immediate Restoration of Food Security in Flood-affected Philippines
Immediate Restoration of Food Security in Flood-affected Region IV-A (CALABARZON) through the Provision of Agriculture and Fisheries Inputs and Technical Support
Rizal, Laguna, Quezon, Batangas and Cavite provinces
To restore the agriculture- and fisheries-based livelihoods and strengthen the food security of 10 406 of the most-affected farmers in Region IV-A through the provision of agricultural and fisheries inputs and technical assistance.
The Bureau of Fisheries & Aquatic Resources, Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Aquatic Resource Management Council and various local government units.
11 289 households.
- Procured and distributed over 2.6 tonnes of assorted high value vegetable crop seeds to 7 629 farming households.
- Provided 1 140 does, 110 bucks, 1 638 piglets, 40 tonnes of pig feed and 37.8 litres of dewormer (for goats) to 1 397 households.
- Provided approximately 8.2 million tilapia fingerlings, 123 000 milkfish fingerlings and 9 800 kg of seaweed seedlings to 2 263 households.
- The crop inputs distributed under the project enabled each family to cultivate 0.25 ha of land.
- As a result of the livestock inputs, each beneficiary family was able to generate an average annual income of PHP 3 675 from the sale of fattened pigs and PHP 8000 from the sale of goat kids.
- The seedlings distributed under the project are expected to add an incremental production of 2 184.19 tonnes of tipalia, 49.2 tonnes of milkfish and 117.6 tonnes of seaweed to the region’s aquaculture sub-sector.