Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Improving food security in North Gaza through land rehabilitation and open-field vegetable production
- Mejora de los medios de vida de pequeños agricultores en Guatemala
- Supporting sustainable livelihood development for recently resettled war-affected populations in Sri Lanka
- Renforcement des capacités de résilience des populations vulnérabilisées par la crise alimentaire au Burkina Faso
Connect with us
Emergency Agriculture Assistance to Flood Victims in Sri Lanka
Full title of the project:
Emergency Agriculture Assistance to Flood Victims in Eastern Sri Lanka
USD 158 479
To improve food security and reduce economic vulnerability and relief dependence of flood victims in Eastern Sri Lanka.
The Department of Agriculture.
30 000 households.
- Distributed 30 000 vegetable kits to beneficiary households - 15 000 seed kits consisting of bushtao, bitter gourd, tomato, amaranthus and chilli and 15 000 vegetables seed kits consisting of okra, snake gourd, brinjal, amaranthus and capsicum. Each household received one kit.
- Monitored the progress of cultivation by conducting regular field visits and provided technical assistance to beneficiaries.
- A total of 30 000 households received seeds - 21 000 households were able to successfully cultivate home gardens using the seeds distributed under the project, increasing their access to fresh vegetables for household consumption, sale on the market and preservation for future cultivation and 9 000 households have seeds with which they will be able to cultivate vegetable crops in the upcoming Maha season.