Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Support to agricultural recovery and improvement of food security in the Central African Republic27/03/2017
- Amélioration de la production, de la disponibilité et de l’accès à des aliments nutritifs pour les ménages touchés par la crise en milieu urbain et périurbain au Soudan du Sud13/03/2017
- Réponse d'urgence pour l'amélioration de la sécurité alimentaire et de la nutrition des ménages déplacés, retournés et communautés hôtes10/03/2017
- UN Programme on Ebola Virus Disease Preparedness in Ghana09/03/2017
- Amélioration de la nutrition et de la résilience des populations vulnérables au Soudan du Sud08/03/2017
Connect with us
Support to aquaculture rehabilitation in districts highly affected by Floods in Lao People's Democratic Republic
Support to aquaculture rehabilitation in districts highly affected by August 2008 Floods
To revive and improve the livelihoods of the most vulnerable and foodinsecure households in the flood-affected areas by rehabilitating fish ponds and establishing household frog ponds along with adequate training in improved fish and frog management.
The Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Provincial Agriculture and Forestry Offices and the District Agriculture and Forestry Offices.
- Distributed more than 2 million fingerlings and 97.8 tonnes of fingerling food to 378 flood-affected households in 54 villages across ten districts in preparation for the 2010 monsoon.
- Provided training to 212 farmers in fish management, including topics such as pond construction, feeding practices, hygiene, disease prevention and fish selection.
- The project’s beneficiaries were able to improve their food security and nutrition through greater access to fish for consumption.
- The project has contributed to the economic revitalization of the targeted villages through the diversification of household incomes linked to the sale of fish.
- The project has contributed to preserving local biodiversity by reducing the need to over-harvest wild aquatic species.