Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Appui à 62 espaces communautaires d’éveil pour l’amélioration de la nutrition et l’autonomisation de leurs comités de soutien
- Support and diversification of livelihood opportunities in urban/peri-urban centres of Puntland
- Strengthening emergency preparedness and response for highly pathogenic avian influenza in Bangladesh
- Strengthening national capacity to respond to highly pathogenic avian influenza in Bangladesh
Connect with us
Support to aquaculture rehabilitation in districts highly affected by Floods in Lao People's Democratic Republic
Support to aquaculture rehabilitation in districts highly affected by August 2008 Floods
To revive and improve the livelihoods of the most vulnerable and foodinsecure households in the flood-affected areas by rehabilitating fish ponds and establishing household frog ponds along with adequate training in improved fish and frog management.
The Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Provincial Agriculture and Forestry Offices and the District Agriculture and Forestry Offices.
- Distributed more than 2 million fingerlings and 97.8 tonnes of fingerling food to 378 flood-affected households in 54 villages across ten districts in preparation for the 2010 monsoon.
- Provided training to 212 farmers in fish management, including topics such as pond construction, feeding practices, hygiene, disease prevention and fish selection.
- The project’s beneficiaries were able to improve their food security and nutrition through greater access to fish for consumption.
- The project has contributed to the economic revitalization of the targeted villages through the diversification of household incomes linked to the sale of fish.
- The project has contributed to preserving local biodiversity by reducing the need to over-harvest wild aquatic species.